Delirium Tremens | Brouwerij Huyghe

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%

3.75/5  rDev -8.1%

3.75/5  rDev -8.1%

4.45/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

This is one of the best beers I've ever had.... I had it for the first time in Berlin, Germany at a place called "Haus der 100 Biers".... I've bought many more 4-packs from Whole Foods since then.

As I pour a 12 oz. bottle into a pint glass, a huge 3+ inch head appears atop a beautiful hazy/cloudy gold brew.... There's very visible Belgian yeast present with lively bubbles throughout the drink.... This due to how highly carbonated it is.

I take a whiff, and get lots of upfront Belgian yeast that brings funk with some sweet and spicy notes.... There's clove, banana, and even a little apple and pear.

During the drink, I immediately get sweet Belgian yeast.... Following that, I get spicy hoppiness, citrus and banana.... Great tasting easy drink.

I'd say this is a "perfectly" medium-bodied brew with tons of carbonation.... Creamy and crisp.... Awesomely balanced.

Overall, I love this beer.... It's a very easy drink.... Especially, for a Belgian.... It's a great representation of Belgians perfectly balancing all the complex smells and flavors in their recipes.

4.43/5  rDev +8.6%

Hazy golden color with a big white head. Smell is rather subdued for a Belgian, but I smell some of the Belgian yeast, light fruits and some spices. I taste a bit of banana and clove here, as well as the Belgian yeast, but there is something else going on. Some kind of spice taste gives it an extra bite compared to some other BSPAs. Delicious. Medium bodied with somewhat light carbonation. A nice crisp finish going down. You never know the alcohol content with how smooth this one drinks.

Might be my new favorite BSPA.

Delirium Tremens from Brouwerij Huyghe