Galactic Double Daisy Cutter | Half Acre Beer Company

Half Acre Beer Company
Illinois, United States
halfacrebeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

We've brewed a variant of Double Daisy Cutter we're calling Galactic Double Daisy Cutter. This version highlights Galaxy hops, a bruiser grown in Australia specifically to make palates numb. This beer insisted on being a beast. Uber-hazy and jam packed with the sticky, Galaxy hops, this beer isn't for the faint of heart.

As if pulled from the core of a distant, inhospitable planet, The Galactic Double Daisy is juicy and dank, rough and tumble and beautifully ugly. Strap on your boots and pull down some of the ooze, Galactic Double Daisy is here.

Added by GbVDave on 08-19-2011

Beautiful Amber Color, Clarity and Mouth Feel. Not overpowering hoppiness, Perfectly balanced with Tangy Citrus tropical notes. How did Half Acre do it?? This little brewery is turning into one of my faves. They keep pumping out some great stuff!!!! Overall, Amazeballs!!!!

1 month old 22oz bottle into Teku

Perfect IPA. I can't even break it apart into categories, its literally perfect in every way. I'm not here to fluff up their ratings either, I was completely blown away. The taste is reminiscent to Zombie Dust, but somehow manages to be more tropical.... I wasn't even aware that was possible.
I'd trade all the Heady and Pliny in the world to make this a year round release.

The only thing I feel I should mention is that on the bottle this is labled as 6.5%, which makes this a single IPA in my book. Until now my favorite IPA has been Blind Pig from RR, and this dethrones it effortlessly.

My only regret is that of the 6 bottles I bought, I traded all but this one bottle.

Galactic Double Daisy Cutter from Half Acre Beer Company