Redhook Long Hammer IPA | Redhook Ale Brewery

Redhook Ale Brewery
New Hampshire, United States
redhook.com

Style: American IPA

The generous addition of hops both during and at the end of the fermentation process (dry-hopping) gives our India Pale Ale its characteristic bitterness and piney citrus aroma and flavor. The medium body, crisp finish, and moderate alcohol and IBU levels makes this one of America’s most drinkable and best-selling IPAs.

Added by pbrian on 03-29-2001

Ratings: 3,321 |  Reviews: 1,201
2.36/5  rDev -28%

I was in New Hampshire and went to the Red Hook brewery. They have a restaurant in the brewery and that is where I had this beer.

I like IPA's, when the server brought out the beer It had a crisp clean look to it, light but not too light in color. It smell okay, it did not knock me out but it did not impress me either, it was middle-of-the-road.
When I tasted it I did everything in my power not to spit it out. It was overly bubbly and felt like I was drinking a ginger ale.
The taste was overly bitter.

This is perhaps the second time I never finished a beer in my life. I wouldn't have this beer again.

3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

3.11/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev -16.2%

4.5/5  rDev +37.2%

3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

2.5/5  rDev -23.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Easily, one of the worst IPAs I have ever had. Where are the hops?

2.97/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

For an IPA this is a poor beer. My scale is different in that I don't consider anything made with rice or corn a beer. So the really crappy stuff claiming to be beer isn't on my scale skewing the results. (e.g. Bud, Miller , Coors all have missing values - alternative would be negative numbers)

3.21/5  rDev -2.1%