Before Sunset | Redhook Ale Brewery

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by flagmantho on 02-03-2013

Reviews by flagmantho:
3.93/5  rDev 0%

I had this beer on-tap at WABL Belgianfest 2013 in a snifter taster glass.

Appearance: rich amber hue with a pretty strong haze and a little bit of ivory head. Not bad!

Smell: caramelly, biscuity aroma up front. It's got a spicy Belgian yeasty character as well, but not a lot of hoppy character. In general, it's not my favorite.

Taste: a little bit of tartness and caramel; it's actually quite good. It's got a hint of what I'd call a "ruby" flavor, somewhat reminiscent of a Flanders red. Redhook are calling this a Belgian IPA, but it's not particularly hoppy; that said, though, it is generally pretty tasty.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a huge carbonation and a massive, satisfying creaminess. Shazam! I love it.

Overall: this is a good beer; despite its toasty, biscuity aroma and general not-to-advertised-style character, I enjoy drinking this brew.

Before Sunset from Redhook Ale Brewery