Deliverance | The Lost Abbey

DeliveranceDeliverance

The Lost Abbey
lostabbey.com

Style: American Strong Ale

A blend of bourbon barrel-aged Serpent’s Stout and brandy barrel-aged Angels Share, Deliverance is the epic battle being waged between heaven and hell for the souls of mortal men… and your enjoyment in a glass.

Added by drummstikk on 08-09-2010

#498

Ratings: 1,965 |  Reviews: 446

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured into my Gandhi-Bot snifter. Dark chocolate body with about a finger of mocha-colored head. Seemed a little thin on the pour, but still pretty good eye candy.

Some nice boozy notes in the nose. I suppose I'm getting a bit of apple, caramel, and raisin from the brandy barrel aging. Otherwise, some milk chocolate in there too. I enjoy how this smells.

Strong booziness. I think this beer would benefit from aging. I like big, boozy beers; but the booze here has overpowered the flavors the smell is teasing me with. As it warms, I do pick up some chocolate.

Mouthfeel is thinner than I'd like for a barrel-aged brew. I wish this were thicker and more syrupy.

This is pretty good. In the future, I think I'd like to buy one to age. You know, when I feel like spending $17 on a small beer again.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Deliverance from The Lost Abbey