Deliverance | The Lost Abbey

DeliveranceDeliverance

The Lost Abbey
lostabbey.com

Style: American Strong Ale

A blend of bourbon barrel-aged Serpent’s Stout and brandy barrel-aged Angels Share, Deliverance is the epic battle being waged between heaven and hell for the souls of mortal men… and your enjoyment in a glass.

Added by drummstikk on 08-09-2010

Ratings: 1,956 |  Reviews: 443
3.64/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewing a vintage 2011 bottle

First of all this is a pretty pricey bottle and depending where you get it , this can range from $14.99 - $19.99 . That being said , it's completely worth every penny.

I have had the 2013 earlier this year and I was excited to see what two years would do to this beer. Deliverance is probably one of my most favorite beer that's from lost abbey . I must say after two years the carbonation is completely nonexistence and the flavor have fallen off a bit . Personally I didn't feel as thought some of the original notes were there anymore and even the bourbon taste itself was very little . It smelled amazing and you can't taste any booziness at all with this baby but given what it tasted like I would recommend drinking this one fresh and if you plan to age it don't let it go pass two years,but then again my reviews are subjective to the bottle I got and my taste so don't hesitate to grab this beer . Don't be scared off by the price tag, well worth the cost .

Cheers !

4.58/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Lost Abbey Deliverance

Illegible date, but I'm pretty sure it's from the 2013 batch A

A- pour yields a 1/4 finger dark tan head that dissipates quickly leaving a ring around the edges. Beer is pitch black in color. 4

S- Rich in bourbon, toffee, caramel, chocolate, some roasted malt, some brandy notes, graham cracker, wood. Smells awesome. 4.75

T- big, rich bourbon and brandy notes upfront along with dark chocolate, toffee, caramel, coconut, light vanilla, wood. Warming finish. Excellent. 4.5

M- nice and hefty body with ample carbonation. 4.5

O- a pleasure. It's worth the price, though I just wish it wasn't so much ($17.99/12.7 oz.). But like I said, it's a phenomenal beer and worth what I paid, I just can't get it often. Tomme comes though with another masterpiece. 4.75

A+