Yuengling Traditional Lager | Yuengling Brewery

yuengling.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-28-2001

Ratings: 6,432 |  Reviews: 1,713

I'm not going to bullshit you, this is bad.

1.1/5  rDev -67.4%

Disappointingly poor. The first few I tried, I liked. But, as I became more familiar, I began to notice a sourness. It tastes good, but there was an unacceptable "extra" taste to their beer. I did not find that same sour taste in their Light version. I will write it off to the green bottle. Their Light beer comes in a brown bottle and it actually tastes better, to me, than the Traditional Lager. Certainly better than most, but I would suggest they stop using green bottles and get all their beer in brown bottles.

10/2016 update - Ying uses GMO corm in their beers. I cant go with that. They say it isnt bad. Sure, just like what the cigarette companies told us????

1.16/5  rDev -65.6%

1.19/5  rDev -64.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

The color of this beer is so deceiving, since it's an amber color, you would think that this beer will not be watery, but it is watery, so I assume, and there are rumors that this brewery is using lots of caramel color or FD&C red #40 artificial food coloring to deceive their customers into thinking that they're drinking a richer or fuller tasting beer, which doesn't taste better than other beers that are even lower priced than Yuengling TL. The taste of this beer, well, how should I put it, if you drink Samuel Adams Boston lager and then pee it out, then your piss will probably taste like Yuengling Traditional Lager, but, oh well, to each his own.

1.2/5  rDev -64.4%

1.2/5  rDev -64.4%

1.24/5  rDev -63.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Being a native to Pennsylvania this beer is available on tap or in bottles/cans just about anywhere that sells beer. This is honestly some of the most over-rated piss-poor beers to be produced on a cellular level.

This beer only looks appetizing to drink... It has a gorgeous amber color to it but you can literally see right through it. Head is gone after 30 seconds or less.

To me I get the scent of corn and for some reason burnt hair, I get this regardless of any serving type. It could be on tap, bottle, can, you name it... It stinks to me.

The scent is similar to it's taste, like corn... And it kind of tastes like how a restroom at McDonalds smells in the summer time. It also leaves an off-taste of metal and fish when burped after consuming.

There is way too much carbonation going on in this beer. Depending on the glass this beer can often look like a watered down Cola of some sort.

This beer sucks something awful. When people bring cases of it to my house for parties, I make sure they take the leftovers with them!

Yuengling Traditional Lager from Yuengling Brewery