Yuengling Traditional Lager | Yuengling Brewery

Ratings: 6,414 |  Reviews: 1,712
2.75/5  rDev -18.4%

4.13/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

A: Beautiful color. Amber. Looks inviting. Slight head. Little lacing. Lots of carbonation.

S: Sweet at first sip. Goes down easy. Does leave a more metallic aftertaste than that of some other beers.

T: Not disappointed at all. It is better than most Lagers in its category. I can really taste the water, but it is almost tangy. Hops aren't strong until the very last part of the sip.

M: Oh this beer feels amazing. If other beers in this category felt like this, they wouldnt have a bad name. Carbonation is high, but then it smooths out and just glides all the way back. Only disagreement with me is the very last part has an interestingly odd after taste.

O: Not sure why others have rated it so low. I believe that anyone that is west of the lucky states that get it, see it as such a rarity that it is a delicacy. Well, I'm here to tell you I have been having it for about three years now... and it is one of my favorites.

3.5/5  rDev +3.9%

Very smooth with a bit of malt sweetness and a faint hop finish. One of the most flavorful American lagers.

2.74/5  rDev -18.7%

This is my first Yuengling, and I must admit, I was quite excited to try it. It poured an orange bronze colour with a white foamy head that faded away in a few seconds leaving only a haze of white. Several streams of bubble consistently streamed upwards, keeping the foam blanket alive. Looks pretty good. Smell was sugary sweet malts and grainy corn. That's just what I got from it. I was a bit displeased with this, as the grainy corn smell is generally to be expected in brews of lower quality, IMO; I was hoping for more from this one I suppose. Taste was malty with little hops. Sweet with a bit of a sourness on this finish if you're looking for it. Mouthfeel is decent with a bit more weight than I was expecting. Overall, I was not impressed with this. This may be the nation's oldest brewery with some fantastic history behind it, but it just isn't for me. I'd drink it again if offered by some one, but really I didn't care for it.

2.75/5  rDev -18.4%

3.75/5  rDev +11.3%

3.63/5  rDev +7.7%

Ah, the old stand-by. The beer that has saved me on countless occasions. Saved me from drinking something weak, bland or just plain unenjoyable. This beer is a nice step up from most macro beers. Just about every bar in the Philadelphia area has this on tap – sitting along side Bud, Coors and Miller. The beer pours a bright amber color and has a slight head of foam. Pleasant malt sweetness and bitterness. Both go together very well. Light to medium bodied. Usually leaves a slight tangy aftertaste.

A decent session beer and a good everyday choice.

3.16/5  rDev -6.2%

Reviewed from notes. Originally consumed 12/25.

A-Pours a nice amber color with a white, one finger head.

S-Sweet grain, corn and floral hops.

T-Again, sweet grain, corn, and a slightly bitter hop finish.

M-Light bodied with medium carbonation.

D-Goes down pretty easy. I remember it being quite a bit better and the corn was not as dominant in my memory. I guess my palate has developed. This is still a nice, cheap everyday drinker.

2.5/5  rDev -25.8%

3.17/5  rDev -5.9%

I CAN't believe it! Long-time want courtesy of woodychandler.

Appearance -- Pours a medium honey amber hue with gold highlights and a tuft of white fizzy head that soon disappears. Aside from the lack of head, it's looks pretty good.

Smell -- Gently roasted amber malt, mild honey sweetness, low green tea aroma, and grassy hops.

Taste -- There's a classic

Mouthfeel -- Medium-light in body, moderate carbonation. Not bad

Overall -- Pretty good. Overall, I think I actually prefer Premium to Traditional, but this is still pretty nice. Definitely a cut above it's macro contenders.

2.5/5  rDev -25.8%

3.48/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.06/5  rDev -9.2%

Pours a clear amber with an ample amount of carbonation. The white head doesn't linger for very long. Some oxidation in the aroma. Smells like wet cardboard. Medium in body with a seltzer-like carbonation. Taste seems a little off... it has a malty seltzer quality to it. Cardboard that I detected in the nose returns and there's a slight buttery note toward the back. Perhaps, I got a bad bottle of this?

2.93/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

3.17/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Yuengling Traditional Lager from Yuengling Brewery