Yuengling Light Lager | Yuengling Brewery

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-22-2002

Ratings: 1,082 |  Reviews: 255

1.04/5  rDev -63.4%

1.36/5  rDev -52.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is BEER? I know the rules say not to slam a beer, but I don't think this qualified as beer. (Maybe I got a hold of a bottle from a lousy batch.) Color is typical straw-yellow. Aroma is weak and unimpressive. Taste is very thin, more like water than beer. It reminds me of the quip that light beers are like doing gymnastics on the beach - flipping close to water.

1.42/5  rDev -50%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

If you're going to drink beer, drink beer - hit the treadmill for 30minutes if you're worried about calories so you can avoid this metallic flavored water. As a big fan of Yuengling, as a solid go-to beer, I figured I'd try their 'light' variety. My expectations were not high to start and with each additional sip I was grateful to be that much closer to never having to drink this beer again.

Harsh carbonation, consistency of water, hints of the metal, and stale piss aromas sums of this beer.

Love Fat Yuengling. Not light.

1.42/5  rDev -50%

Appearance - For a light beer I was shocked to find it had an amber color. I was expecting it to be completely gross in color. It had a medium head that vanished as quick as it appeared with absolutly no lacing. Not great.

Smell - Faint hops and malt. Smell is very weak, but it isn't repulsive.

Taste - It has an initial shock of stomach acid followed by a weak aftertaste typical of rice beer. The very high carbonation numbs the tongue, probably to dull the flavor a bit. I can't imagine how gross this would be closer to room temperature. This is bad.

Mouthfeel - This feels thinner than water. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it feels thinner than water. The carbonation stings my whole mouth and numbs the tongue, but considering the flavor, it's needed.

Drinkability - I don't want this again, ever. I could use it as a session beer, but at 2.75 abv, I might as well put a drop of Kirschwasser in a big glass of water. That would taste like water and get the same alcohol in my system. Since the carbonation numbs your mouth, it could be eaten with bad food. Some one could serve it at their dinner party to conceal the fact that their cooking tastes terrible. Other than that, this is best left on the shelves.

1.45/5  rDev -48.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

bad even for a light beer…ice ice cold only

Yuengling Light Lager from Yuengling Brewery