Yuengling Oktoberfest | Yuengling Brewery

good
Read the review
Yuengling OktoberfestYuengling Oktoberfest

Yuengling Brewery
Pennsylvania, United States
yuengling.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Added by yuenglings on 08-21-2011

My palette must be completely out of whack compared to most other reviewers, but this was horrible. It was bad enough that I didn't even want to finish it. I so wanted to like it as Yuengling is my usual default when out and about.

1.1/5  rDev -67.1%

Superbly balanced. Wonderful full taste. I believe they need to put all their beer in brown bottles. I do not believe green bottles do anything good to any beer I have tried. This Octoberfest was tasted alongside several German Octoberfest versions. I will not say which ones. It held its own, to my taste. A very good and very good tasting beer. Wonderful. Thanks Yuengling!

9/3/2016 update - good taste, especially since I just endured the "octoberfest" offering from Sam Adams. This Octoberfest from Yuengling has a very good, but not overpowering taste. I like my beer VERY COLD. But, I realize German beers might be best a little warmer. As THIS beer warms, the hops become more noticeable, but not bad. The malt is there, very little hops, to my taste, and a very good finish. Very good!! Thanks!

10/2016 - real bad news - they use GMO corn in their brew. Sorry, I cant go for that, regardless of the reason(s) they give. Corporations say GMO is "not bad". Sure, I believe them, remember how cigarette companies said cigarettes werent bad for us???

1.25/5  rDev -62.6%

1.52/5  rDev -54.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Oktoberfest is not an easy beer to brew. I have had a lot of failures. This is one.

1.74/5  rDev -47.9%

10/10/2013
Reddish brown color. Creamy white head. Aroma is stale grains, barley, yeast. Taste is straight beer, barley, hops, a bit stale. Ash aftertaste. Slightly fuller version of yuengling lager.

1.75/5  rDev -47.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.75/5  rDev -47.6%

12 oz bottle. Pours amber with tall, long-lasting, fluffy white head. Aroma is of some hops, caramel and fruit soda. Body is medium and astringent. Astringent hops, caramel malt and some grain fill the mouth. Finish is long and unpleasant. The brew to avoid.

Yuengling Oktoberfest from Yuengling Brewery