Yuengling Oktoberfest | Yuengling Brewery

3.34/5
Alströms:

4.18/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: pours a nice, rich orangey-amber color with a thin head that falls quickly and retains little lacing

S: prominent caramel and sweet malts, some notes of spice, clean aroma that's not too strong

T: sweetness of roasty malts and caramel with a crisp very slightly bitter lingering finish, pleasant upon exhale

M: smooth carbonated mouthfeel with a thin/medium body that finishes clean and a touch dry

O: this is a solid choice for a readily available (at least in my area) Oktoberfest that can be enjoyed as a session beer and is much more affordable than its many counterparts. A sweet and crisp selection that I won't say "no" to.

3.58/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

An amber beer, with a slight whitish head and a clear complexion. The smell is malty, and clean, but also a little subtle. I like this beer much better than the traditional yuengling lager. Medium-light in body. Medium in flavor, but not at all bad.some bread and a faint hop flavor in the finish. Smooth.

2.99/5  rDev -10.5%

I Like Yuengling as a Brewery,and dig their Porter & Bock a lot..however I totally understand why some traditional Beer purist Slag Yuengling a lot,as much as I enjoy their Bock Beer,it is not even close to any type of traditional bock whatsoever,and I swear... to me it has a very Grapefruit like taste in the background,lol.
anyway,Yuengling "Octoberfest" is not a Bad Beer,but it is really sweet,a bit too sweet for my taste,@ least for the type of beer it is supposed to be~
it pours out a nice amber/copper color and you can smell the roasted malts right of the bat,also a bit of toffee smell in there.
the taste is pretty decent,exept for the sweetness that comes creeping in after the first swallow.
while I would have no problem drinking this Beer if someone hands me one,I personally would not buy it,or seek it out again,as I said,not a Bad Beer,but not worth looking for either,because there are so many Gr8 "Octoberfest" Beers out there.Cheers & Peace2All.

2.5/5  rDev -25.1%

4.75/5  rDev +42.2%

3.21/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

A: Pours a crystal clear medium amber in color with light amounts of gentle visible carbonation along the edges of the glass and some faint hints of burnt orange highlights. The beer has a half finger tall off-white foamy head that quickly reduces to a large patch of very thin film and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of sweet toasted malts with some light hints of caramel.

T: Upfront there is a light to moderate flavor of toasted malts with a light amount of sweetness as well as some hints of caramel. There is no perceptible hop flavor and almost no bitterness to the taste of this beer.

M: Light to medium bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Slightly thin/watery.

O: While I prefer a more robust Oktoberfest beer personally, this beer was really popular with my relatives whom are not beer connoisseurs and was probably the best option where we stopped to grab some beers. A little sweeter than I prefer my beers in the style and a little too watery.

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Picked this beer up in Totowa recently, having never had this before. I'm not the biggest fan of these but every year, I give a few of these that I haven't had before a go. Yuengling's beers never really blew me away and that turned out the be the case with this as well. While this was certainly fitting for its category, there wasn't anything memorable abut this and I had to pace myself while drinking this. It went down too clean and easily, which is not quite what I'm looking for in a beer this time of the year!

The pour to this was typical, with a nearly-clear copper hue, present head that faded quickly, and hardly any lacing to be seen. Some caramel and herbal notes in the nose, which were repeated in the taste. This was thin, not terribly carbonated, and missing the hops needed to give it a full profile. No stickiness, bitterness, or spiciness to this at all and only the creamy mouthfeel saved this from being totally unmemorable. A bit of the bread stayed around in the aftertaste, but even that faded rather easily as well.

Thankfully, the alcohol was not detectable in this and if I had another one, I'd probably kick back with it too. This is almost as mindless as a beer gets and only worth a go once if you're in the mood for near-session Octoberfest offering. Even the bottle wasn't green and not that it mattered, but I almost wanted to find something to take away from this. It's decent for enjoying the season with, but not for much else unfortunately.

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

3.53/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Yuengling Oktoberfest is a very good beer for the price. It pours a nice rust color with a slightly off white head and good lacing. Smell and taste are good with a slight bitter after taste of hops, but overall high quality Oktoberfest for small price. Defiantly a great beer for a Sunday of football.

2.25/5  rDev -32.6%

3.22/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

2.44/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

12 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in an imperial nonic glass

A - It pours a rusty amber color. It was topped with an inch of off-white head.

S - I smell a little caramel malt and some grain.

T - I get some caramel malt and grain. It has a dry finish.

M - Moderate and dry.

O - Ever since I had a Yuengling Light I have been turned off by this brewery. I was given this beer. Otherwise I would have never bought it, and I probably won't buy it.

3.75/5  rDev +12.3%

3.38/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Sampled October 2013 from bottles in pint glass.

Appearance: Dark amber color with a nice light tan head. The head lasted an average length of time.

Smell: The aromas are varied, but not too strong. There is a nice hoppy aroma.

Taste: Medium-bodied taste with a nice mix of malts and hops. The hops give the beer some flavor without any bitterness, and the malts provide a balance without too much sweetness. The flavors overall are not very powerful, as is typical of an Oktoberfest.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied, and smooth.

Overall: Typical Oktoberfest style of beer. Both the hops and the malts flavors are mild and balance each other well. A good Oktoberfest beer.

Yuengling Oktoberfest from Yuengling Brewery