38 Double D (38DD) | Main St. Grille & Brewing Company

3.98/5
Alströms:

Reviews by jampics2:
3.98/5  rDev 0%

On tap @ Blues and Brews. This was a nice one from Main St., unexpected but impressive. Perhaps my first Double Dunkel ever.

From the sheet next to the taps:
"38IBU, 8.7% Imperial/Double Dunkelweizen"

Dark brown with cappuchino head. Looks nice.

Banana, clove, and chocolate malt in the nose. Nice and enjoyable, the German yeast esters seem to have covered up any alcohol, as was my fear with a "Double Dunkel".

Taste is pleasant, kinda like a chocolate covered banana. Really nice mix between those flavors with the clove esters as well. This beer is, unfortunately, a bit sweeter than it should be because of some excess sugar that was not attenuated. I think it doesn't need that and would have a better finish if it didn't.

Mouthfeel was just a bit watery/sugary, but the carb was good. I enjoyed this and it may be the beer that pushes me to make the hour drive to Main Street soon to try more of their products. Pretty good beer!

38 Double D (38DD) from Main St. Grille & Brewing Company