Brewer's Choice IPA | Bloomington Brewing Company

Bloomington Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
bloomingtonbrew.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BitteBier on 12-03-2003

Liked:
3.73/5
Alströms:

Reviews by cerevisiaephilus:
4/5  rDev 0%

Everything I said about the cask IPA's hops etc. apply here too...same beer, but this one was poured from a CO2 tap.

This made for a much more drinkable big beer I'll be honest. The body was really much more manageable with the medium carbonation 'spritzing' it up a bit. The beer seemed far less cloying here.

I could drink a couple of these big beers...and I think I will when I return from the thanksgiving holiday...from my visit to Victory and Spuytin Duvel and maybe even Sly Fox and the Drafting room and McKenzies. Well....not all of those...but hopefully more than half.

3.46/5  rDev 0%

A mostly clear, rusty orange pour capped off with a small head that disappears quickly but laces wonderfully down the side of the glass. The smell is tame for an IPA, but floral hops are nonetheless the most prominent feature. The hops likewise are the main element of the taste, but the mouthfeel is distinctly smooth rather than crisp. Among the more drinkable IPAs I've had, this is one of BBC's best offerings to date. Not as bold as many IPAs (including BBC's previous Batch No. 500 IPA) but surely more widely appealing.

Brewer's Choice IPA from Bloomington Brewing Company