Route 113 I.P.A. | Sly Fox Brewing Company

good
good
Read the review
Route 113 I.P.A.Route 113 I.P.A.

Sly Fox Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
slyfoxbeer.com

Style: American IPA

A big, flavorful IPA, brewed with Pale and Crystal malts, and hopped with Bravo, Centennial, Cascade, and East Kent Goldings. Bold and Spicy.

Added by NeroFiddled on 07-04-2003

4.92/5  rDev +34.4%

4.6/5  rDev +25.7%

4.55/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

The CANQuest has a real friend in Brian O'Reilly and the Giannoplous family, lemme tell you! CAN you dig it?!?

Wow, another CAN which was filled almost to the brim and which could hardly contain itself when cracked open and began to foam out briefly! I got two fingers of foamy eggnog-colored head off of my initial pour before I had to back off lest it foam over the lip of the glass. As the head fell, a lot of sticky Belgian lace began to form on the edge of the glass. The nose was redolent with hops and my mouth was watering as I typed. Color was a deep orangish-amber with NE-quality clarity. Mouthfeel was full, thick and creamy with a riot of hops up front with a sweet malty undertone. Wow! Finish was incredibly dry, very spicy with hops but with just enough sweetness to keep it in balance. Look out, Red Racy IPA, you now have competition for cooler space!

4.5/5  rDev +23%

Rusty gold with a nice head of foam and excellent lacing. The aroma is intense, very fruity, and consists of hops(2 cs[cascades centennials], goldings, and one other I think), some sweet biscuity malts, and a special IPA spiciness that sometimes rears its head. The taste is hoppy as hell in the front, with some strong malty flavors in the middle, and a somewhat sweet, fruity, hopbomb-like finish. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and to style and the drinkability is very good as well. One of the best brewpub IPAs I have had in a while.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

Amazing. I must confess, I went into Sly Fox thinking this was going to be the ONLY brew I was going to drink...

Silly rabbitt...

This IPA presented with a deep and rich golden, almost hazy peach color... hey, I am color-challenged... The aroma filed my sinuses with beautiful hops and a good bit of citrus, but not to a fault. I caught some malt lingering in the bushes, so to speak, and I liked that from this offering... A beautiful rendition of what an IPA should be, and sneaky at that, being 7.3% ABV...

4.49/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This beer is made to be enjoyed on a hot summer day. Great tasting.

4.48/5  rDev +22.4%

My bottle of Rt 113 IPA poured a crystal clear dark amber.
A fluffy white head with generous bubbles welled up from the beer.
Tenacious lacing clung to the glass walls right to last drop...
Modest fruity citrus nose heralded the hops flavor to come.
Hops galore is the first note of this fine IPA taste. The flavor differentiates into a hops and citrus with a long lasting bitter that sweeps into a clean finish that doesn't quit.

Flavor brokered a bold up front IPA body with a very congenial personality that makes this IPA a beer to request and enjoy over and over..

I like! I like!

4.47/5  rDev +22.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.47/5  rDev +22.1%

Appearance: clear light amber with orange highlights. Thick 2" fluffy head.

Smell: the nose picked up the hops as the glass was just slid next to me at the bar. As the glass was brought to my nose the citrus and floral hops were very pleasant and up front.

Taste: this was a well balanced IPA, as malt and strong bitterness was joined with grapefruit dancing in background to round it out.

Mouthfeel: crisp at the start and finish. The finish was also very dry and long on the bitterness.

Drinkability: I found this beer to be extremely drinkable, and if you are a hophead, this beer is for you.

4.44/5  rDev +21.3%