Biscotti | Lift Bridge Brewery

Added by Mistofminn on 01-12-2009

4.5/5  rDev +27.1%

4.36/5  rDev +23.2%

4.28/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.26/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

4.26/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Biscotti pours a darker brown color with a small, barley lacing head. Rich creamy aroma, with hints of fresh bread. Taste is rich, with a hint of salt, creamy malt and a baked bread flavor. Good body and feel. Overall, a nice drinkable Belgian ale, with some interesting flavors.

4.2/5  rDev +18.6%

I heard this was coming out so I had to give it a try. So I made my way to Stub and Herb to give it a shot.

When I was growing up, my Italian grandmother had this wonderful holiday Biscotti she would make every year. I was young so I enjoyed dipping it in milk (rather than coffee or something else). When I heard Lift Bridge was coming out with a beer to mimic the recipe of Biscotti, I had to give it a try.

Let me preface this by saying I haven't had Biscotti in years (maybe a decade). So when I say "I don't really see it" that may just be me not remembering what Biscotti tastes like. But really, I couldn't imagine it would be easy to make a beer that reminded you of Biscotti, so I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised. I guess if I dig deep, I can see some similarities, but it's not going to hit you "Oh boy thats liquid Biscotti in a beer!"

The beer itself is a hazy copper color. Smells and tastes very spicy and malty. There is a vanilla taste (really the only thing I can compare to actual Biscotti) as well as a hop bitterness that is present and in no way overpowering. Very well balanced.

Just because this beer didn't remind me immediately of Biscotti doesn't mean it isn't a great beer. Because it is! I really liked it, actually.

4.1/5  rDev +15.8%

Consumed on 1/7/09

Served on tap. Poured into a 10oz snifter with a little white head that dissipated instantly. Had a spicy and malty aroma with a taste that pretty much fit the aroma add vanilla. The mouthfeel was medium and smooth which eluded to a high drinkability factor. Another great introductory offering from Lift Bridge. And although it doesn't taste as much like biscotti as I had hoped, it's still good enough to just keep on drinking.

4.04/5  rDev +14.1%

Spicy bubblegum, Amber color. Slight vanilla odor

L: Pours brilliant dark amber under a thin cream colored foam collar that leaves splotchy lace.
S: Biscotti dominates the nose.
T: Starts with a sweet biscotti flavor with some spice leading to a bitter hop emphasis and a suggestion of grain husk astringency on the finish.
F: Medium body and medium to medium low carbonation.
O: A good Belgian Dark Ale that could benefit from just a little more Belgian yeast character.

Biscotti from Lift Bridge Brewery