Irish Coffee Stout | Lift Bridge Brewery

liftbridgebrewery.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Availability: Spring

Added by Ungertaker on 03-10-2012

This is a unique and exceptional beer. I rated it high for a reason. Just the right mix of sweet cream and liquor with a nice jolt of coffee. It really does taste like Irish Coffee in a beer form. Yum.

4.89/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +19.1%

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.65/5  rDev +15.4%

This is my favorite brew that Lift Bridge has made. Really tasty - rich coffee flavor and a few other delicious notes in there. I don't think it was aged too long, because it doesn't have much of that barrel-taste - don't get me wrong it is still absolutely delicious! Try it.

4.62/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

poured from bottle into tulip. This beer was bought at the brewery the day of the official release.
A - pours a deep dark black with mohagany lacing that lasts the whole drink. Nice 3/4 inch head upon pouring, a slim head lasted the whole glass.
S - smell the coffe at first, then your hit with toffee. A very interesting smell that changed the whole taste. Once it warmed up, the smell is absolutely one of the more impressive that I have had in a long time.
T - small hint of alcohol, nice roast from the coffee, definite taste of toffey/burnt sugar. Small hint of the whiskey, very well balanced.
M - very easy to drink, especially for a milk stout. Found myself almost salivating after each drink.
O - one of the best MN beers that I have had. Very well put together and easy to drink and enjoy. Definitely glad I went to the release for this one.

4.51/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

A: Dark, deep, brown with a chocolate hued head.

S: Cappuccino/Mocha. Roasted malts and sweetness. I was expecting more of a robust coffee aroma but it is pretty mild. There is an earthy, alcohol presence as well.

T: Once again dominant mocha or cappuccino flavor. Sweetness from the lactose gives way to an oaky bitterness (or vise versa). Coffee, milk, sugar, roasted grain, and oak flavors.

M: Full bodied and sticky. Low carbonation as expected.

O: I was told by a good friend to track down a bottle of this and I must say that I was skeptical. However, this beer is excellent. I am happy that I grabbed it off of the shelf. I wasn't expecting it to be as so good!

Lift Bridge - Irish Coffee Stout Release

Matty D and I rolled on the scene..Good old Brad was there to give us a couple wooden tokens.

We drank out of festive green solo cups - 12 oz.

Appereance..Darkish brownish with a creamy big fat head on this mofo.

Smell..Alot of Coffee, and lil sweet toffee.

Taste..Tiny bit of alcohol..roasted coffee, light sweetness..lending to a very light reminder of Irish whisky.

Mouthfeel..WOW and I went straight to line and bought bottles. Very drinkable..I really liked the creamy mouthfeel with very moderate carbonation. Glad I got a couple to drink now and try down the line.

Overall - Liftbridge killed this one. Drink it and you will know why..missed it and regret it later!

750 ml bottle
Poured into a Lift Bridge snifter

First off, both of these are courtesy of Ungertaker in the recent Secret Bunny 2012 BIF. I saw this one and could not wait to crack into it.

A: Pours a deep dark brown looking completely black sitting in the glass. Atop is a foamy, bubbly and creamy looking brown head. Nice sticky lacing is left behind on the walls, along with a great retention cap.

S: Big rich coffee bean notes, cream, coffee liqueur, cocoa beans, dark chocolate and whiskey. There's a nice barrel/wood element too that comes in towards the end. Extremely well round in the aroma and decadent at that.

T: Essentially just like the nose with roasted whole coffee beans being most dominant. A smooth cream flavor along with chocolate notes come in mid-palate. The back end is rounded out really nicely with whiskey notes and wood. This is one seriously delicious beer and quite unlike a majority of other barrel aged stouts.

M: Wonderfully creamy, smooth and full-bodied. It wasn't too sticky on the palate but had low enough carbonation (though enough overall) to give it a great feel.

I loved this beer, it was everything I want in an stout: coffee, chocolate, cream and whiskey. Really it took the classic Irish Coffee drink and turned it into its beer form. My first impression from Lift Bridge has been one to remember.

Irish Coffee Stout from Lift Bridge Brewery