Scotty's Full Power Scotch Ale | Blue Tractor BBQ & Brewery

3.83/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Calypso:
3.83/5  rDev 0%

I had this beer on tap at the Blue Tractor.

A: Brownish-copper, a bit cloudy, with half a finger of bubbly off-white head. Not much legs, which is surprisingly for such a high alcohol beer. I found myself wishing that the beer had better clarity, but other than that it looked fine.
S: Aroma of caramel and malts, with a faint earthy(?) smell. A bit of alcohol smell.
T: Buttery caramel (but no diacetyl, which is good), with strong roasted malt flavor and some lingering bready bitterness.
M: Smoth and medium-full bodied without coating the mouth. Medium carbonation. Some alcohol heat.
O: I really enjoyed this wee heavy. It struck a great balance, and the alcohol heat helped moderate some of the darker caramel/malt flavors. I would certainly drink this again (in moderation, since it's pretty high alcohol).

Scotty's Full Power Scotch Ale from Blue Tractor BBQ & Brewery