Booyah | Milwaukee Brewing Company

1.5/5  rDev -54.3%

1.75/5  rDev -46.6%

2.25/5  rDev -31.4%

2.4/5  rDev -26.8%

Not sure how old my bottle was but it had a ton of sediment floating around the bottom (I really hate this). I only poured half into a glass to avoid the floating debris but that's all I needed/wanted.

The aroma on this beer is pretty bad if you're not ready for it. It smells like old mushed up rotten fruit that's started to turn. Mix that with a thick yeast aroma and it's not too pleasant.

I didn't really enjoy the taste although I came to appreciate how much it tastes just like apricot juice. After a few sips I thought I was drinking some sort of sparkling breakfast juice. Not what I want personally want in a beer but I can appreciate it.

I suppose it's not a terrible beer if you get it out of a tap and really enjoy apricot, but not for me.

2.51/5  rDev -23.5%

Hazey, mild copper color. Small amount of bubbling given the style. One finger head after the pour and some foam retention for all twelve ounces.

Tart cracker and malt with hints of apple vinegar. Smells tart, earthy, and maybe infected in a bad way.

Tart from start to finish. Green apple vinegarLight bread and cracker malts. Maybe some grassy hops. Earthy, tart, doesn't taste like a saison done right. I've had great tasting, tart, saisons. This is not one of them.

2.61/5  rDev -20.4%

Clear with a healthy head over a deep gold color, not as pale straw as others, noticeably deeper and darker.
The aroma and flavors are very lightly white pepper, some alcohol, and biscuit like malts, and is a bit heavy bodied for the style, and lower in carbonation then i would like. It is not bad tasting but lacks the depth that a lot of the renowned saisons i normally drink have, and needs more peppery spice or straw dirty notes, and a crisper body to liven it up. Maybe the body alone would do the trick, i think that is really the main thing holding this one back.

but hey, this is a $10 6/pack saison, and i have had worse bomber saisons before, so it is doing alright and middle of the road.

2.75/5  rDev -16.2%

On draft at Milwaukee Ale House.

The beer is copper with a small, off-white head. Fruity aroma with some yeast, bread. Too sweet, no funk presence. This is a saison? Odd flavor, some stone fruits and unusual earthy flavors. Not digging this one. And what's with the name? There's nothing "Booyah" about this one. Move along folks...

2.76/5  rDev -15.9%

Decided to try this since they had it at a restaurant with limited selection.

Color is nice. Slightly hazy.

Aroma is lacking. Some yeast Esters.

Taste is ok. It has a slight smoky taste to it. Clearly made with too much crystal malt, rather than trying to make real beer. Like a rookie homebrewers first attempt.

Mouth feel is appropriate.

Overall it's drinkable. I keep trying to find a milwaukee brewing beer that is good. This one isn't bad, so let's call it the skinny kid at fat camp.

2.8/5  rDev -14.6%

Received as a gift from my sister-in-law...poured straight from the refrigerator (about 40º) into a standard pint glass.

A=Nice dark gold color...first pour had a very foamy off-white head that lingered. Merky appearance, as if no or minimal filtration.

S=Well...some sweetness, but the aroma also reminded me of the smell of a frat house after a party the night before...and urine.

T=Reminds me of a weiss...some sour notes, and a tang. Paired with chili...I was expecting more of a cream ale. The lightness made the sour taste bearable. I am not overly familiar with saisons, but this is too much like a weiss...plus the sourness is not that enjoyable. After letting the second half warm up to about 50º, the flavor enhanced, and the sourness seemed to drop off.

M=Overall, not that bad...light carbonation and medium light body...the sourness makes it hard to classify as a session beer, however.

O=If you like weiss beers, you may wish to try this. As for me, I am glad I tried it, but would not purchase it.

2.85/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

2.96/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

12oz brown bottle, sample from the brewery.

"Farmhouse Ale" on the label, this is a friggin trend I wish would die now. Expressive carbonation produces a huge head, very lively. Smells of yeast, dried fruit, and alcoholic esters ... nothing meshing in the nose or palate. Some odd sweetness, fruity, grainy, and then yeasty. A bit of mess. This brew doesn't work for me at all, no real focus. Brewers that don't want to go all the way when doing Belgian style brews should steer clear of doing them.

Booyah from Milwaukee Brewing Company