La Kamour | Micro-Brasserie Breughel

Style: Witbier

Added by Jason on 08-01-2002

Reviews by IronDjinn:
2.57/5  rDev +69.1%

Poured from a 600 ml brown bottle, the abv% on the label says 4.5%. Faux parchment motif on the label with a small oval landscape on the front. If my French serves me correctly the back label recommends to serve it in a glass with a lemon wedge. It just may help as well....

This wit is very pale in appearance, even with the cloudiness. Quick spongy white foam head with little retention. The aroma shifts on me every time I go to smell it. Yeasty at first, citrusy next, somke wheat, some spice, but nothing consistent. Even a bit funky at times, I was warned that Kamour had a history of bad bottles popping up. The flavour is quite weak and watered down, slight wheat and coriander that is more apparent on the finish and aftertaste. The mouthfeel is watery and fizzy, no body to it at all. Not something that I would seek out again (if this isn't a bad bottle).
Still, many thanks to 3Vandoo for providing the opportunity to sample it.

Bottle: Poured a flat yellow color ale with no carbonation no head and subsequently no lacing. Aroma of sour malt is disgusting. Taste is a mix between some sour malt with some notes of chemically sweet malt. Thin body with no carbonation. The fact that I had a fresh bottle makes me wonder how bad an aged bottle of this can be...

This is perhaps the worst head I've ever seen. Looks like soda pop over fresh ice, except smaller. Soon there are no remnants of bubbles

Iron aroma. Not attractive. No typical beer smells. What is this?

Almost tastes like cider. Any wheat flavor present is dominated by sourness that reminds me of extreme candy. I keep taking sips hoping to find something positive to say. This is perhaps the worst beer I've ever had.

La Kamour from Micro-Brasserie Breughel