Lindemans Apple | Brouwerij Lindemans

2.5/5  rDev -32.4%

2.55/5  rDev -31.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

2.6/5  rDev -29.7%

A- pours a hazy clouded golden color, has a big frothy head that retains well enough and laces decently

S- smell a semi tart/semi sweet apple aroma, smells a bit "artificial" in some aspect, cant quite place it though

T- a bit too sweet for me, tastes like a green apple jolly rancher, doesnt have that kind of sharp sour taste (which I really enjoy) like you get from more traditional lambics

M- low/moderate carbonation, light body

D- much too sweet for me, other lambics ive had are more sour, less carbonated, less sweet, thats how ive come to understand the style, even those arent super drinkable, this is ok at best, would not really recomend this one

2.67/5  rDev -27.8%

A: We all agree that there was a lot of sediment floating around, very cloudy with a dark yellow/tan tint to it.. also it had very little head and no lacing on the glass.

S: As soon as we lifted the rim to our noses... the strong smell of tart, apple almost floral was escaping the glass.

T: We all agreed that it reminded us of sparkling apple cider. Not much of a beer flavor it was more like a glass of wine. Also not much carbonation ... very caramelized.

M: The mouthfeel was very smooth and will not make you belch... the carbonation was so small that it did not cause any discomfort in your stomach.

D: We feel that this beer is very feminine and can be enjoyed on a sunny, summery day outside.

**Thank you to Nick and Candace for the complete review**

2.69/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

I chilled this in the fridge for half an hour and served in one of my New Belgium snifters.

Appearance: Pours a hazy golden-orange with a white foamy half-inch head that recedes to a persistent thin layer with nice lacing.

Smell: Very strong candy-like sour apple aroma, that overpowers everything else.

Taste: As with the smell the palate is dominated by a candy-like sour apple flavor. There's a faint hint of wheat in the finish, but it's mostly sweet.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and full-bodied with mild carbonation and a slight dryness in the finish.

Drinkability: The sweetness of this beer is too much for me.

Overall: Given that this is a Lindeman's fruit lambic I expected it to be on the sweet side, but this was too much. I definitely prefer Lindeman's other fruit lambics to this. It's like drinking a sour apple Jolly Rancher.

2.7/5  rDev -27%

This beer poured nicely and looked promising with gold color and a nice head. It had a strong green apple aroma but was too candy sweet for my tastes. It was more like a champagne or cider than beer. I'm not a huge Lambic fan but I was hoping it would pair well with Pad Thai. I couldn't finish it. If your are a Lambic fan, it might be for you.

2.7/5  rDev -27%

A: Slightly hazy, pale green. Head like champagne that faded fast and left nothing behind.

S: Cherry cough drops, apple skins, sour apple Jolly Ranchers, fresh apples. Get it?

T: Sour to sweet, apples, cool water, light traces of grains.

D: This ain't beer. I'll drink it in place of apple juice. Possibly a step up from Martinelli's Sparkling.

Value: Absurd to pay this much for a sparkling, watered-down fruity beer. But as you can see, price something high and lots of people will think it's great.

If I'm gonna drink a fruity beer, give me a Samuel Smith's Cherry Ale...

2.71/5  rDev -26.8%

This beer has a clear golden body with a bit of nice white head with good retention.A bit of spotty lacing clings to the outside of the glass. The aroma was not as sweet or cloying as the framboise. It gave me hope that maybe this would not be the sweet mess that that beer was. Some green apple and very mild funk. The flavor was like a melted green jolly rancher. Sweet, sour apple, not very appealing. Mouthfeel was way too heavy and carbonation was too low. Interesting beer, but it was really just not at all my preference. Way too sweet, almost like sucking on a hard candy.

2.76/5  rDev -25.4%

This is an incredibly difficult review for me. On one hand I actually really like a lot of what this beverage has to offer, on the other I can't quite figure out how this fits into the spectra of beer...

A- pours a golden light orange, almost clear. Nice 2 finger head but dissipates quickly, sone lacing

S- the tart but synthetic essence of green apple jolly ranchers (which I happen to love), cane sugar, with a barely noticeable yeasty and barnyard quality typical of lindemans lambics. This is where it becomes difficult and quite frankly frightening for me...should a beer really smell like this? It is inviting, yet so very wrong.

T- no surprise here after initially stuffing my nose into the glass. Atomic strength green apple. This stuff is more apple than apple, so to speak. Really syrupy sweet. Apple candy in a glass. Finishes almost tart enough to balance it out, but sadly not quite. Again, quite tasty, but wrong. I kind of feel like I'm cheating on beer with this stuff.

M- really good carbonation, low abv and the nearly great sweet/tart balance make it actually react quite nicely with the mouth.

D- designed to be consumed en masse, despite mixed feelings about this stuff it goes down easy.

2.76/5  rDev -25.4%

Yellow-gold cloudy concoction with a minor bubbly head and very little lacing. The smell is of sour, crisp apples and some earthy/compost-like stuff. The taste comes off as a fizzy tart apple and yeast blend, like granny apple soda or champagne. Kind of a refreshing experience for a few sips if you think more soda than beer, and it seems drinkable enough, like any soda could be, but it is too sweet for me to want more than a taste of this stuff I think. I recommend you ask for a sample size of this before you commit to a full portion. It was alright for a try though.

2.8/5  rDev -24.3%

Have you ever had a green apple blow pop? If so, then you know what this smells and tastes like. Add in a fizzy translucent golden appearance, and a spritzy feel, and there you have Lindemans Pomme. It is better than, say, cider, but worse than the other sweet Lindemans fruit Lambics.

2.88/5  rDev -22.2%

Similar looking to a carbonated apple juice, including the lack of head on this one.
Wonderful smelling. It's like holding a green apple blow pop up to your nose.
I expected Granny Smith apples in the flavor and instead got Green Apple Jolly Ranchers. Way to sweet and too much like candy for me.
The huge amount of sugar in this one makes the mouthfeel sticky and syrupy.
I did a lot of complaining in this review but overall it is an interesting beer but it's just not what I expected. I'm glad I tried it but I don't think I'd try it again.

2.88/5  rDev -22.2%

All the fruits I've reviewed recently are from notes.

Bottle into my favorite Mason bicentennial jar.

A: Decent head that fades over a pale body pretty quickly.

S & T: Jolly ranchers apple flavored. Can't get around it. Maybe a hint of Granny's apple pie in there but the predominate nose and tastebud is green jolly rancher.

M: Not too bad.

D: Too strangely artificially flavored for me. Although i am sure they use real ingredients; they wind up with green jolly ranchers.

2.88/5  rDev -22.2%

This was an OK impulse purchase. Seemed thin, a little stringy, if that's the word. Tasted more like a cider than a beer. It did have a nice, fizzy mouthfeel from the carbonation, but, again, the flavor of apples predominated rather than appearing as an additive.

2.89/5  rDev -21.9%

Hazy gold, topped with a big, puffy white head. I was half expecting this to pour bright yellow-green, to match the unnatural color of some of their other varieties. Hold a decent couple millimeters of head throughout. Heavy, syrupy green apple scent. Very much like sour apple hard candy. Not entirely what I like in a beer, of any variety. The flavor is somewhat more beer-like, with light wheaty grain barely surfacing under the omnipresent green apple Jolly Rancher syrup. Nicely effervescent though, with a soft, fuller texture. Not a whole lot going on aside from the apple. With the malt, it comes across as one of those $1 apple pies you find in the gas station. The definition of the word cloying. Some faint lambic sourness, but not much to make note of. Really, half a bottle was more than enough for me, and it took me a while to get through just that. More like a sickly sweet apple soda than a beer. The bottle was a gift, so I can't complain too much.

2.9/5  rDev -21.6%

Pours into my 25cl tulip glass with an initial finger-and-a-half thick, pale, off-white colored head. The beer is incredibly hazy and in fact showed no sign of ever clearing despite resting in my cellar for the last month. It is an opaque, orange tinged, gold color. Sticky, sweet, apple-candy aromas (very similar to jolly ranchers) are noticeable as soon as I pull the cork and are only more affirmed once I actually try and smell the beer. There are no subtle nuances here, the aroma is completely dominated by sweet apple notes.

As expected the taste is quite similar; it tastes like a apple candy, very unlike apples or cider, but instead more like concentrated, sweetened syrup for your breakfast pancakes. This is quite easy drinking, with a bit of fullness to it, though perhaps not quite as much as the sweetness might suggest. There is a touch of tartness in the flavor, but it gets wrapped up in the sweet apple notes it is hard to perceive, but I think this is all that is noticeable of any real Lambic flavors.

Not much to say about this, if you like sweet then this works as a desert, it certainly is not beer, but I wouldn't say that it is offensive; the most offensive thing about it is that the word Lambic is on the label.

Purchased: Plaza Liquors, Tucson AZ

2.9/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Enjoyed in a snifter

A: pours a golden color. Pours with a 1" head, which is of a white color. A lot of lacing.

S: smell is very sweet, smells like a granny smith apple. Smells very fresh and refreshing.

T: very carbonated. Taste is similar to smell in that it resembled a granny smith apple. Very sweet, almost cidery.

M: sweet, not too sour and carbonated so keeps mouth flavor very engaged and on edge.

Overall, enjoyable, but I think that the black cherry flavor is more enjoyable personally. This one resembles apple juice/ cider too much for me to believe it is beer.

Lindemans Apple from Brouwerij Lindemans