Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lindemans Pêche | Brouwerij Lindemans

lindemans.be

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002

Ratings: 1,176 |  Reviews: 471

Skibbo's on East Tremont in the Bronx had this one along with the Cherry. The last of my 750ml for the camping trip in Copake NY and my second from Lindemans. I must admit I purchased this because of the women in our camping entourage who are not that much into beers much less Belgians.

A: Poured 750ml into oversized wine glass which poured cloudy apple off red. Head was a finger and half that receded to a paper clip line around the glass. Retention was there but nothing too big.

S: As advertised, the nose was clearly peaches, and perhaps tobacco from what I've learned of late from fellow beer geeks.

T: Followed the nose perfectly but added yeast, malts to take some of the sweentess out of the peach, and then a sourness of over ripe apples. Peach flavor was by no means overpowering but perfectly mixed. I converted a "only drink wine" woman to this within a few quaffs.

M: Delicate smoothness, good tangy bite from the heavy carbonations, and medium body.

D: One of the best fruit beers I've down in my drinking pedigree. A good mix of flavors and enjoyable through and through.

A: Cloudy, dull, semi dark orange with amber and honey hues. Slightly off white head and lacing. The head sticks around superbly throughout.
S: Of course peach scents drive the nose, but scents of tart citrus and baked apricot and slight baked orange scents are present. The peach is crisp at times and a slight warming gives way for sweeter, juicier peach scents. Not quite syrupy, but almost there as it becomes warm.
T: Nice fresh peach flavors up front with some peach tartness and citrus tartness on the back end. Again, some slight baked apricot and orange flavors. Follows the nose-as it warms the peach flavors become sweeter and touches the brim of syrupy but never gets there (a good thing). Some very slight hops near the end. Of course the peach and tart peach are the real winners.
MF: Medium and touches the line with syrupy.
Overall: Another solid offering from Lindemans. A great afternoon beer for the spring or summer time. Holds up well and exhibits nice, refreshing peach flavors without being over the top.

This is my first Peach Lambic. The only Lambic I have ever had is a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic.

This is a small 12oz bottle poured into a wine glass which seemed appropriate.

Pours an orange hazy color with very little head or head retention.

Smell is, um, fruity? Kind of like a strong desert wine but does have a grainer smell to it.

Taste is much smoother than I expected. Yummy. Reminds me a bit of Japanese plum wine but obviously a grainier, sweeter peachy taste. Dry, sweet finish.

I think I will share the rest of this bottle with my wife who prefers wine. I would call this the ultimate cross over drink from Wine to Beer. Very tasty and I think I will have to keep some of this on hand for those rare times I don't feel like drinking a "normal" beer.

i'm splitting one of thes 12 oz. bottles with the missus.

we are both drinking out of the new lindemans' glass she bought me as an early christmas present.

this beer appears to be a hazy blonde (kind of like the missus) with a about a quarter inch of light head with very nice lacing. i like the way this beer looks, especially in the glass.

the smell of this beer is BIG peach. very robust. i could smell it all day.

the taste of this beer is again peach. it's a very refreshing tasting beer. it's very fruity and sweet, but not in a bad way.

the mouthfeel on this beer is great. very carbonated and it's a near perfect balance.

i could drink these every day, but i don't. this is a great beer at night after a nice meal. i'd love to have a piece of pound cake with it.

Lindemans Pêche from Brouwerij Lindemans