Lindemans Pêche | Brouwerij Lindemans

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-12-2002

Reviews: 460 | Ratings: 1,137
3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

this is my first lambic. poured into palm glass

A-looks pretty good. pours a nice golden orange. pretty clear. not much head.

S-peaches hits the nose upon opening. very sweet. smells sort of like a peach cup. not much else to this one.

T-very sweet. definitely getting the peaches, and lots of them. not really any hops. mostly just a sweet peachy malt. pretty simple.

MF-medium body. not a ton of carbonation, pretty well balanced.

O-this is pretty good. a bit to sugary. drinks more like a wine cooler. wouldn't mind having again though. look forward to trying some more flavors.

3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

Bottle bought a few months ago at the State Liquor Store. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy this, and it was pretty nice. Pours out a initially quite large white head that goes down to almost nothing. A beautiful clear copper body. The aroma is...well what do you expect peaches, both sweet canned kinds and a more natural tart kind. The taste was similar; it leaned towards a sugary sweet peach flavor, but some balance is achieved by a more tart flavor. Fizzy and highly carbonated. Not bad at all.

3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

Poured a clear orange body with small white head that died almost immediately.

The nose was a mix of cork, wood, fruit, sour peaches, fruit, sugar and sweet peaches. As weird as it sounds it reminded me of my grandparent’s basement.

The taste was medium bodied with a gumball like taste. This beer tasted almost exactly like strawberry gum. Sugary sweet and notes of very tart peaches. The thing is, there’s also a mix of all sorts of other fruits as well. More of a fruit cocktail with a slight bitterness. There’s some slight wood and cork as well.

A nice, decent peach lambic. Felt like my teeth were going to rot, but

3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

I only tried this because I've never tried a lambic and it was recommended by the Naked Pint. It was definitely worth a try, but frankly, doesn't taste at all like "beer."

I was hesitant to try it, as my first experience with a peach beer was Dogfish Head's Festina Peche, which I absolutely loathed.

My girlfriend says it tastes like a peach bellini, which is apparently a mimosa with peach nectar instead of orange juice. I guess I agree. It is bubbly and sweet, with just a hint of tart. Very drinkable - low alcohol, and a it would be a pleasing dessert drink if you are into that sort of thing.

Anna says: pair it with a nutty cheese like parrano.

3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

bottle poured into a snifter. pours a bright golden orange color with no head and a thin white rim. no lacings or retention.

aroma is mainly of sweet peaches with little else in the nose. not much in the nose as far as beer goes, only peach and a light sweetness that adds a candy-like quality.

taste is of more sweet peaches with the same light sweetness from the aroma. there aren't any redeeming qualities were as far as malts or hops. sweet peaches; thats about it on the palate.

mouthfeel is sweet and medium bodied. goes down sweet with residual peach and a sticky afftertaste.

drinkability is decent. as far as beer goes, there is not really any maly or hop qualities, and no distinct yeast notes either. for what it is, it is well put together, but it ends up tasting like fruit juice with a light carbonation.

3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

A golden brew topped in a small white head that is very bubbly and dies pretty quickly. The aroma is very sweet and fruity. The peach smell is not too intense.

It is very nicely carbonated and it is a nice crisp drinker all the way down. Peach flavors are more mild than those of other fruits in Lindeman's other products. It is a nice one, but it does not seem to have any tart character to it at all. It is a bit boring, but still enjoyable. I will stick with the framboise from these guys.

Enjoyed in a snifter

A: pours a yellow-orange color. Pours with roughly 1" head with a creamish color. Lots of lacing.

S: smell is very sweet. Strongest scent is obviously the peach.

T: very good flavor. Starts off very sweet and peachy and finishes tarty. Not too carbonated.

M: due to the changes in flavor and acidity this beer keeps the palate awake. Not to juicy, not too carbonated, easy to drink.

Overall, I like this lambic. As stated it is not too juicy but not too carbonated. It has a strong sweet peach flavor and combined with the tarty finish makes it very enjoyable.Has well balanced flavor.

3.49/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a tulip. Bright hazy orange-amber color with a fluffy bright white foamy head. The foam stayed for a bit and then settled into a thin wispy cap. First aromas were funky: horse blanket and yeasty followed quickly by a nice peach presence. The taste was not what I expected - not mouth-puckering.I would describe it as only slightly tart. Heavy, rich sweet peach flavor, a mall amount of funk, and a sweet tart finish. A heavy mouthfeel from the sweetness and medium-to-low carbonation. More one-dimensional than I expected. A nice pleasant peachy drink but I'd like to have something more complex.

3.48/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

This looks like a lightly colored fizzy apple juice. There’s a tart aroma that smacks of what I imagine peach blossoms to smell like. Very—overly—sweet with the flavor of an almost-artificial ripened peach on the palate. Think something along the lines of a peach jam in terms of sweetness. It is crisp and an easy drinker but that does not make this one I’d seek out again.

3.47/5  rDev -12.2%

Kind of peachy in color that fades to a pale golden color when held up to the light. Thin fizzy white head a spotty salava like lacing.
My favorite quality of the Lindeman beers are the aromas. This one fills the olefactory senses with more peach aroma than one of those scented candels.
Sweet peachy flavor and plenty of it. It has a tartness in the finish that keeps it from being too sweet though.
Mouthfeel is so sticky sweet this beer could give you cavities.
Overall I like this one best of the Lindeman Lambics but if they could just tone down the sweetness a bit I'd like it a bit more.

3.47/5  rDev -12.2%

After having the Framboise from this brewery, I was a little taken aback by this beer.
The same lack of head as on other lambics I've had, slightly cloudy, a golden orange-ish color.
The smell is very pronounced peach/apricot with some subtle others I still can't identify.
Taste is the biggest surprise to me with this beer, much more sour than I expected based on above mentioned experience and the wonderful sweet smell I was getting.
Mouthfeel was fairly smooth, a little hoppier than I expected, but good. Very effervescent on the tongue, much like a champagne.
Not a bad beer by any stretch, but quite different from in the mouth versus the Framboise. Well worth drinking or sharing with friends looking for something different, a dessert type drink.

look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This lambic pours orange and fizzy. Definitely have to warm it up or it just tastes like peach soda.

There is a nice peach aroma that improves with warming.
The first thing you get is the sweet peach taste. Not nasty sweet like a dessert wine, and not quite as sweet as orange soda, but it's sweet. There's no hop bitterness, as you would expect. There is a obvious tartness and then a mild sourness that cuts the sweetness off. Really tastes like soda or cider. The sourness at the end really saves it from being one-sided though.

I had a wine and beer party where I offered tiny tastes of different wines and beers. There were a bunch of girls there who just don't drink, haven't developed any taste for tannins or hops. Just a drop of this peach lambic and they all loved it. So, in summary, nice sweet fruity drink that may be especially appreciated by the uninitiated. I have no doubt that less mainstream lambics must have more complexity, though I have not tried any.

3.44/5  rDev -12.9%

While I may not be the biggest fan of peaches, this is one of the few types of lambics I have not tried, so i decided i'de try a bottle. Poured a bright golden color...nothing that stuck out for me too much to be honest. Smell was pleasent, with soft peach flavor, juicy nectar, and sweet sugar. Taste was incredibly similar to apple juice...not too sweet, not too sour. Starts off very juicy, then ends off on a dry note. I would say mouthfeel was medium, in that it was sort of syrupy. Not bad on the drinkability scale, but one bottle of this was enough for me. I think next time I will stick with the kriek or the framboise, but still very interesting. Cheers

Photo of
3.43/5  rDev -13.2%

16 oz. bottle.

Clear, dark gold color. Medium sized, white head. Lively carbonation.

Aroma was peaches and roses.

Taste was...peaches. Vitamin C/acidic/tartness in there. Herbal and grassy character as well - surprisingly bitter & lingering in the aftertaste. Some honey flavor.

Medium body. High carbonation. Very sweet.

Good if you like peach. My wife really enjoyed it. Not really my type of beer - more like a peach soda.

3.42/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

This is most likely the beer that my fiance and I will be toasting with at our wedding since I'm a beer geek and my fiance is cool enought to let me toast with beer instead of champagne! We will be using fruit lambics since everyone (even wine drinkers) tend to like them.

A - Hazy golden brew with a two finger head that falls to a solid cap and leaves tons of lace on the glass.

S - Yeasty peach and apricot muffin aroma. Light, sweet fruit. Much more fruity, and less beer-like than some of the other Lindemans fruit lambics.

T - Again, lots of yeasty bready warm peach muffin flavors. Peach and apricot scones. Delicate and pretty damn complex, but WAY TO DAMN SWEET.

M - Medium to full bodied with a nice sour twang of acidity. Refreshing and palate-cleansing.

D - This is more drinkable than Lindemans other offerings, and it is more beer-like than the Kriek, Pomme, or Framboise. An extremely refreshing, but cloyingly sweet brew. I like lambics for their tartness and complexity, and this lacks both of those important compnents.

3.42/5  rDev -13.4%

Pours a clear bubbly orange to gold with a bright white head. Slight funkiness in the nose with just a hint of vinegar and a lot of juicy peach aroma. Taste is sweet and sour peach with just a hint of funky yeast and even less of a beer like malt backdrop. Tartness helps balance it to keep it short of cloying, but it could still be a bit less sweet overall. Comes off much like a peach spritzer with a nice bubbly body, that is easy to drink.

3.41/5  rDev -13.7%

Yeah!
This beer actually reminds me a lot, A LOT, of a few American Strong Ales I've tried. The beer is sour, as sour as Lindeman's gets, while also maintaining real beer flavour, which I DON'T expect from Lindeman's.

I love it. Sour, and peachy. It's a rotten peach that's been dropped in the finest helles. I love it.

Yeah, it's cool. It lacks the yoghurt flavours I've experienced with other fruit lambics. If I didn't know what it was, I'd mistake it for an overly yeasty fruit ester beer.

Yeah.

3.4/5  rDev -13.9%

Pours a hazed golden orange with a fluffy beige head. Peaches and sweet apples dominate the nose. Some gariny notes, but nothing that sets of any bells that this is really a lambic. Extremely sweet flavors of peach with a slight bit of green apple tartness in the finish. Too sweet for my liking. I'm sure sugar is added. I suppose it good if you like peaches and have a serious sweet-tooth.

3.39/5  rDev -14.2%

12 fl oz / 355 ml brown glass bottle with pressure cap over cork served into a Brown Palace mini-hefeweissbier glass in high altitude Castle Rock, Colorado. Reviewed live.

A: Pours a two finger head of light cream, okay thickness, and average retention - though the ABV is low. Colour is a clear gold.

Sm: Light sourness and yeast, bacteria, with some funk overshadowed by peach. Very pleasant and inviting. Maybe slight apple.

T: Peach and sourness, with a cidery apple-esque finish. Very nicely balanced, without too much sourness to compromise the balance. Not too yeasty. No alcohol comes through (not that I expected it to at 4.00%). Not extract based like some bad lambics. Well built for its aims.

Mf: Smooth and wet, with a more lightly dry and coarse finish. Near perfect considering the flavours.

Dr: Very drinkable: ALL GIRLS LOVE THIS BEER (and Allagash White). I'd definitely have it again; it may be best out of the bottle rather than on draught. It's a bit too cidery - especially on the finish - but it is a refreshing little beer.

B-

3.38/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a Williamsburg Winery wine glass.

A: Pours a slightly cloudy amber color, with a 1.5 finger white head, featuring average retention and good lacing.

S: Very strong peach, some funk, and a bit of a noble aspect.

T: There isn't much to the beer apart from peach and tartness. Despite only consisting of a couple notes, both flavors here are pulled off well. Very easy to drink.

M: Light bodied, with an incredibly smooth finish. Lots of carbonation and very refreshing.

O: This is great for someone who doesn't like beer. I don't love this, but it's pretty good.

3.37/5  rDev -14.7%

Do they really call these beers? Tastes like a lite wine. Smells like a peach cobbler without the cinnamon with a spice and yeast nose. Hazy orange color a lacey head. Sugary sweet that tastes much like a hard candy. Peach taste dominates here. Yeast aftertaste is strong causing a dry, chalk-like finish. Good mix of sweet and sour, but perhaps a little too sweet.

3.37/5  rDev -14.7%

1cm of fizzy white head is dirty around the edges. The clear gold beer has some orange to it. Nose is extreme peach: tart, not too sweet. Good. The front is full of sweet, perfumey peach flowers. The middle is a thick peach syrup. The finish is sugary sweet. There's a little tart funkiness, but not enough for me. Not bad. It's still too sweet for me, but definitely better than the Framboise.

3.35/5  rDev -15.2%

Hazy light caramel orange colour with a short cap of white foam composed of bubbles of mixed sizes. The head quickly fell to a coarse ring leaving a smattering of lace (subsequent sips produced a lot more fine lace). A little funky barnyard aroma with some earthiness, ripe peach, and very mild pie spice. Pretty nice! Very sweet and syrupy, kind of cloying, with lots of peach flavour and mild tartness. That pretty much sums it up. Medium carbonation with a heftier body than expected, palate coating initially but slightly drier by the finish. Fairly creamy texture. Not a bad entry in the Lindemans line. I really enjoyed the aroma, but was let down a bit by the heavy sweetness, which limits the drinkability.

3.35/5  rDev -15.2%

I enjoyed this beer from the comfort of my own living room. From 750ML bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: Orange/yellow color. A nice frothy head and lacing.

Smell: Smells of fresh peaches and reminded me a woodchuck apple cider beer.

Taste: Tart and sweet. Made my mouth pucker, but in a good way.

Mouthfeel: Tingly with a sweet, fruity aftertaste.

Drinkability: Not too shabby for my first peach beer. I wouldn't consider this a session beer for me, but worth trying.

3.33/5  rDev -15.7%

Peachy through and through, from the appearance to the nose to the flavor. This was the thickest and least carbonated of the Lindemans beers I've had yet. It made the beer seem a bit syrupy, so drink this one very cold. Cold is also useful to combat the sweetness, which is boarderline too much. I've always liked the base lambic, and the peaches accent it very nicely. This beer is refreshing and pairs good with a wide variety of food. Not one of my favorite lambics, but very good nonetheless. Recommended. Lindemans is a great family of beers to introduce to people with a "macro"-scopic view of the beer world. Cheers!

Lindemans Pêche from Brouwerij Lindemans