Lindemans Framboise | Brouwerij Lindemans

good
Read the review
Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

Ratings: 2,820 |  Reviews: 1,050

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

2.5/5  rDev -36.5%

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.75/5  rDev +20.6%

4.75/5  rDev +20.6%

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

3.18/5  rDev -19.3%

750 mL bottle taken home from Belgian Beer Fest. I split it with my cousin and poured my half into my Brooklyn Breery tulip.

Lindemans Framboise pours a deep maroon, with two fingers of brilliantly pink foam capping the beer. head retention is just average, and there's little lacing left behind. The nose is the definition of a raspberry bomb. Nothing but fruit aromas coming out of the glass. It's nice and all, but it's just a little too one note for my taste. The flavor doesn't offer any more complexity, it's nothing but wave after wave of sweet raspberries. It's really missing the funky aspect to most framboises that lend them most of their depth. The initial impression is nice, but after a few sips of all that sweetness I find myself craving there to be something more to it. The body isn't dry enough as far as I'm concerned, though the carbonation has a nice effervescence to it. I don't mind Lindemans Framboise as an after dinner pairing with dessert (it goes very nicely with cheesecake), but standing on its own as a beer it just doesn't hold a candle to the more traditional interpretations of the style.

4.45/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Had this before, tis very good. Poured into a tall kitchen glass, guess you could call it a stange.

Had it again, a 4 year vintage from my basement.

A: A dark crimson red with a short pink, frothy head that dissipated quickly with not much lacing

S: smells like raspberries, cranberries, can basically expect it to be tart/sour

T: and it is tart/sour but its refreshing, very fruity, mostly gives me the taste of raspberries

M: very refreshing, good amounts of carbonation, not overdone.

O: Overall, I'm a fruity person, especially a berry person, which is why this beer is so appealing to me, but I feel it's a must try even though it can be a little bit on the expensive side.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans