Lindemans Framboise | Brouwerij Lindemans

good
Read the review
Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

Added by Todd on 11-01-2000

Ratings: 2,806 |  Reviews: 1,049
3.88/5  rDev -1.5%

375ml bottle.

Pours dark purple with some translucency in the shoulders of the glass, a half inch head of reddish-purple, and a pink skim coat with dotted lacing throughout the glass.

Aromatics are lush with raspberry jam and a hint of biscuity malt. Raspberry juice follows through.

Medium bodied with a tacky, syrupy mouthfeel.

Ripe, plump raspberries lead off the palate in a sweet yet tart fashion. More raspberries follow through and the tartness fades quick.

Finishes with sweet and tart raspberries.

Loads of raspberries in this one, but that's all folks. The Lambic character is limited to some tartness and maybe a hint of biscuity wheat malt. The beer tastes like a blend of raspberry and cranberry juice.

1.5/5  rDev -61.9%

2.5/5  rDev -36.5%

3.33/5  rDev -15.5%

Appearance- This beer has a beautiful ruby red appearance and a pretty decent head for this style of beer

Smell- Rasberries, and lots of them. Although you can still sense some woody character

taste- Sweet and tart, again a blast of rasberries.
If you enjoy sour/sweet you will enjoy this beer.

Mouthfeel- I can feel the sweet/sour mix dancing across my tastebuds. It will be a slight shocker upon first sip to the IPA lover (like me).

Overall- A good beer, but not great. This is the only beer my wife will drink, she thinks its more like wine than beer. Something for the occasion but not an everyday in my opinion. Fans of tartness will love this beer and the presentation is nice. Just goes to show the wide range of brewing styles we have available to sample as beer drinkers.

3.83/5  rDev -2.8%

Bottle poured in to Tulip Glass

First experience with a Lambic but here goes,

Appearance - Decent head formation after pour, very light pink. Drink itself is a deep purple appearance when held up to the light turns red.

Smell - Huge wiff of fresh raspberries, little bit of a yeasty finish in there as well.

Taste - Reminds me a lot of home made raspberry jam.

Mouthfeel - There is some definite body on the tongue, slides across the tongue effortlessly though and I can feel it foaming up on my tongue as I drink it.

Overall - I liked how different this was in comparison to all the ales I've been having lately and it makes me want to look out for more lambics that I can find

3.36/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A - Pink with white head, belgian lace.

S - Tart raspberries, cherries, sour milk, brett funk, and stale bread.

T - Raspberry syrup, lemon, and a non-specific lactic sourness.

M - Heavily bodied to to the use of syrup. Effervescent carbonation, making this taste like raspberry lemonade with a "kick".

O - I highly prefer fruit lambic that hasn't been pasteurized and back-sweetened, nor do I particularly enjoy flavored syrups in lieu of real fruit. That being said, this is great if you're in the mood for something different.

3.6/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Never a had a Lambic before this one. Actually not a bad brew and my wife who is not a beer drinker has used this brew sorta as her gateway brew. Very sweet and tart at the same time. I actually enjoyed this brew and found a pub that does Lambic floats. I thought about it for a few weeks and finally did it. I took some ice cream and one brew and had a float . It actually was pretty good and a must try. These brews are not for everyone. If you have an open mind and enjoy sweet and tart this is a brew for you. if you like floats try that also.

Cheers