Lindemans Framboise | Brouwerij Lindemans

good
Read the review
Lindemans FramboiseLindemans Framboise

Brouwerij Lindemans
lindemans.be

Style: Lambic - Fruit

2.5-4.0% ABV

Added by Todd on 11-01-2000

Ratings: 2,820 |  Reviews: 1,050
4.92/5  rDev +24.9%

12 oz bottle. Pours a deed crimson red, with a pink tinged head that recedes slowly. Smell of raspberries is strong, and just a hint of yeast. Taste is the sweet/sour flavor of raspberries. Mediium body and moderate carbonation. So far this is the best lambic that I have tasted. I love everything about it!

4.15/5  rDev +5.3%

On tap at Sunset Cantina.

A deep read with a fading pink head. Tastes of the fine fruit first and formost. Good mouthfeel on tap. A very solide Framboise. Great after dinner brew. Also good as a mix with a nitro chocolate stout on top. Great to find Belgians on tap served in pints anywhere!

4.12/5  rDev +4.6%

Beautiful hazy reddish-pink hue, very small, quick to dissipate pinkish-white head, soapy retention. Lovely nose, heaps of sweet & tart raspberries, hint of yeast. Refreshing… tasty palate, loads of raspberries… there is a tremendous battle between tart and sweet, neither wins out but both holler loudly. The malt foundation is well-done, it adds a third (taste)-dimension and a healthy mouthfeel. Medium body. Sweet aftertaste with a lingering note of acidity. Easy to drink, a lovely quaff… screw wine, drink lambic!

3.48/5  rDev -11.7%

Lambics are their own beast. I've never met anyone who was "on the fence" about them. It seems like you either love 'em or hate 'em. Me... I'm on the love side of that fence.

First pour shows an astonishingly dark and deep crimson/pink/rose body with a light and fluffy pink head/lace that simply does NOT fade.

Aromas are a study in contrasts. On the one hand there are all the elements of a classic lambic - the delicate hints of yeast peaking out from beneath the strong, juicy tart fruit. Sadly there is also a slightly crude overly sweet note that has a hint of cough syrup. A lambic should be a study in champagne-like elegance.

Initial taste is lovely, crisp smooth and creamy with that powerful effervescence from the champagne-like carbonation. The yeast and funk are there in the middle of the flavour, though nearly hidden by the combination of the heavy fruits and high acidity. Very fruity - in fact the sweetness of the fruit tends to overwhelm. As one drinks more, in fact, the sweetness becomes rather cloying. I miss the tartness that you find with other lambics, for me this one is a bit too sweet. The finish is clean, leaving little on the tongue afterwards.

A good "girlfriend" beer, or for a single glass with brunch, but not my favorite of the lambics to be honest.

4.05/5  rDev +2.8%

I'm not kidding when I say it tastes like they ripped an entire raspberry bush out of the ground, put it in a blender, and fermented it. There's a very earthy taste under the raspberry. There is also a soft drink quality to the carbonation. I was expecting more of an ale flavor, but instead I found something that tastes like it belongs in the wine cooler section. Don't get me wrong though, it's delicious.

3.68/5  rDev -6.6%

Deep rosey-purple with a pinkish lace. Fresh, juicy raspberry nose. Somewhat syruppy and tart. Very crisp and refreshing. Big, almost sour raspberry taste. However, there seems to be some sort of extra taste that's going on, that's not really very good. I can't really identify it. A good fruit lambic, but not a great one.

4.4/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

My, oh my, this is one delightfully, delectable, scrumptious, savory, flavorsome, luscious, mouth-watering, treat.
Open this baby up and its fruity raspberry heaven. It just screams yummyness. The first thing is the aroma, how they make the raspberry smell better then what raspberries smells like is beyond me. Its a raspberry delight with a very hard tart twinge that just flows into your nasal cavity like smoke.
The color is an amazing deep red, nearly opaque, and still glows with a astonishing crimson-ruby intensity. It has a very unique pinkish head of large bubbles that looks sort of like the fizz from a dark-purple grape juice.
Ohhh....then there's the awesome taste, so very nicely packed with raspberry fruityness, with a very nice, highly sweet tangyness and twinge thats perfectly tart and level.
Feel is tartly sweet and silky smooth with a heavy to medium full body and smacks of soured sweetness the whole way through.
All that yummyness of raspberry tartness is just fantastic.

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

Let there be no doubt: I am a man.

I could wear a pink thong, and I am a man.
I could carry a purse, and I am a man.
I could slip into a dress, and I am a man.

And dammit, I can drink this beer, and I am a man.

Put all the crap about this being a parting from traditional lambics aside. Then go ahead and take the "this isn't a real beer" and toss that aside too. Now pour it and drink it.

And it's ungodly good.

Pours an absolutely bewitching shade of red -- fire engine, crimson, deep pink kinds of reds -- with a reasonably short-lived pink head atop it. And you can smell this beer from a mile away. OK, more like a half mile. But nonetheless, it's aroma is pungent, pretty, and prepossessing -- like potpourri.

And the taste. The taste! The seeds were stuck in my teeth for days on end. It's raspberry (maybe a bit contrived, but good nonetheless) meets a tiny bit of acidic sourness -- a sour fruit dessert perhaps? It's great. Just great.

It's too sweet for me to have often -- and I'd rather have the "real thing" just like a lot of folks -- but I can definitely drink this every now again and love it. And anyone who doesn't think that this beer can be perfect with a chocolate dessert is nuts. The fact that it's non-traditional makes it perfect for pouring over chocolate ice cream, for putting over sorbet w/ fruit, and for drinking with chocolate cake or vanilla ice cream. Or hell, try some sort of sauce with it. This beer has its place.

4.3/5  rDev +9.1%

This beer poured a very bright ruby-raspberry color and looks beautiful. It had a high effervescence with a large pink head. I’ve had this beer on many different occasions and it’s always enjoyable. When you put your nose to this beer you are first taken over by the sweet aroma of raspberries. It tastes more like a sweet fruit wine spritzer, than a beer but is a nice treat to have once in a while. (especially if you can get it on tap)

4.34/5  rDev +10.2%

I used to dislike Lambics...until I had this sweet sweet nectar. And that's what it is...sweet. It's very thin, but the red color in my glass was beautiful. The aroma is purely intoxicating. The very pungent aroma of raspberries hits hard.

The taste made my lips pucker a little, but that wasn't a bad thing. Sour fruits all the way, and oh boy is it good. I know many people can drink these all night, and possibly due to the low ABV it would be easy, but the sweetness would get to me after a while. One of two though, and mmmmmm boy. A lambic on tap is a true treat.

4.85/5  rDev +23.1%

They have this on tap at Redbones...I had three the other night.

This beer pours a deep dark garnet color, no head. It is chock full of sweet/tart raspeberry flavor. The balance is perfect, not too tart, but not too sweet.

This is a premium session beer for me...I have nicknamed it Belgiam Kool-aid. No disrespect for this one, I call it that due to the outstanding taste and very high drinkability.

Yes, this is a beer I can drink all night, I had two other beers, and their mouthfeel didn't even come close to this one.

A real treat I love, outstanding!

pat

4.3/5  rDev +9.1%

When I first found this beer, it ran for ten dollars a bottle. So, I can't say I was ever fond of it, basically just due to the price. I think it's one of the first corked beers I came across as well, so my friends at the time justified the cost and bought it. I found this bottle for about 4 bucks, quite a grab gotta love it. A wine like ruby purple, very bubbly with a quickly dissipating head. A deep bitter raspberry aroma with loads of bubbles arising to tickle the nose. Taste is a sharp bitterness, mellowed out with the sweet raspberry tones. Along with a champagne like bubbly sensation on the back of the throat, this beer is a medium bodied Belgium wonder. Much more mellow on tap, but overall this style is amazing (wild yeast, oh yeah!!!)! Very drinkable, except it's a little too tart and sweet to drink excessively.

4.42/5  rDev +12.2%

This beer has, I feel, a perfect balance between sweet and sour. The raspberry flavor is the obvious strong flavor, with a great tug of war between sweet and sour feelings. I think the sweetness wins in the end, because the sweetness can be a little much unless you're really in the mood for it. I enjoy the kriek more than this beer, but lindemans lambics are always very enjoyable to me.

4.03/5  rDev +2.3%

Ahhh, the raspberry selection in the Lindemans line of lambics!

As with all of the lindemans lambics, it comes in a green bottle, corked and capped with a colorful foil over the top.

The color is deep red with a thin pinkish head which leaves a thin lace as you drink it. The smell is of fresh raspberries. It has a thick mouthfeel that makes you pucker a bit and the taste is a little on the tart side but definitely tastes of fresh raspberries, leaving very little aftertaste. This tartness precludes it from being a session brew...it's better suited as a dessert brew, as are all of the lambics in the Lindemans line (with perhaps the exception of the Gueze). Overall, another very tasty selection that I would highly recommend!

Presentation: 750ml corked, caged, and capped bottle from bread and circus in Cambridge, MA.

this beer was my first foray into the world of 'lambic' and it was a good one. This 'beer' poured into my glass a nice pinkish-red colour with some flesh-like peach highlights to it. This beer also had a nice pinkish head to it. The aroma was of raspberries and an old farm-house(but in a good way...)and the taste was more of the same. Sweet and dry at the same time, and very complex, a very interesting brew, for sure. This has a high drinkability as it is a low abv beverage that would be good to sip all day in the summer. However, The sweetness could get old after a while, a nice beverage to say the least.
cheers!,
F.

4.02/5  rDev +2%

This was the first time tasting a lambic after seeing the bottles on shelves for years. I was not disapointed and am not a fan of beers with fruit flavors like Sam Adams cherry wheat, or the appricot flavor in Majic Hat #9. This is a whole different animal and I thought it was great. This poored rasberry red with a deep pink head and the taste of rasberrys came through sweet and tangy at the same time. This is a desert beer that I could drink after every meal and even on it's own if in the mood [Breakfast maybee or the treadmill at the gym while working out???]. I brought this beer to a familiy dinner and served it for the women who loved it. This would be a great unique bring along if you were invited over to an actual "girls" house for dinner and make a good conversation piece as well. She'll love your worldly culture and might reward you in the end.

4.27/5  rDev +8.4%

One thing besides the taste that I find attractive in the Lambic style is the color. I’m a very visual person, especially with my beer, if it “Ain’t pretty, I ain’t gonna like it”, that may be an exaggeration, but it does enter into my evaluations.

The color on the pour an eye pleasing deep raspberry red, the head modest in size with nice clinging sheets of lace to cover the glass. Sweet and lightly tart raspberry aroma, malt and a fizzy crispness also present. Start is “sweet and sour”, the top lean in feel, the finish biting in its acidity, minimal hop presence, dry long lasting aftertaste, and a real treat, as I consider these “Deserts” in their own right, a great change of pace from an old hunk of Strawberry Cheese cake, BLAH, and if you believe that about me, I have some sea front property in Yuma I will sell you.

4.02/5  rDev +2%

This is a good thing if you are into it I guess. Strong raspberry with some tartness to it taste. I gave it a good rating, because I really liked it just for one bottle of it, but after that it gets really sweet. I know my girlfriend likes it, but then again, she likes sweet things. Anyways, the price turns me away from it. I mean, come on, $5 a pop?!?!? That's a little too pricey for me. But, I guess if you have the money, it's all good.

3.65/5  rDev -7.4%

Dark reddish brown, no light transmission and a big 1/2 inch head of pink foam. Laces in big drapes. Raspberry aromas of coarse, but some yeast senses, too. Pleasant deep berry flavor, not jam-like but with some impressions of more sour seeds and stems as well. Still, there's quite a bit of initial sweetness, tempered by some "pizza dough" yeastiness mid mouth and a somewhat dryer finish. Not bad, sort of a starter Lambic in my book, as I'm on a trail to find some that are more puckering and somewhat less like cotton candy.

Pours a light reddish (a bit towards pink) colour topped by a beautiful pink head that leaves lace throughout the glass as you enjoy this lambic. The aroma is rasberry aroma and something different that the other lambics, a strange smell actually. Flavour of this lambic consists of sweet rasberry. Good carbonation and impressive mouthfeel. One of the finest fruit lambics i've tasted

3.6/5  rDev -8.6%

Tasted at the Barrelhouse Brewing Company Microbrew Fest on November 9. Pretty raspberry color and a strong raspberry aroma. The flavor is sweet and fruity throughout. I liked this despite it not tasting like most beers. Definitely has a wine cooler feel to it.

3.85/5  rDev -2.3%

Ordered one of these in my favorite beer bar. The cork really impressed as did it's own glass. All down hill from there. It tasted like a Kir Royal. If I had been wearing a blindfold, I would have never guessed this was a beer. It was sweet, with a good carbonation, but the fruit taste was all powerful. I think I'll shy away from these, unless I'm in the mood for a cocktail.

Wow! Have you ever tasted Framboise as a wine? There isn't really that much difference! Color is a hazy ruby red with the aroma of raspberries. The taste has a slight tart/sweetness with a big raspberry after taste that just lingers & lingers on the palate for a long time. I fact, as I write this review, it has been at least an hour and I've still have the after taste in my mouth. I love the wine, but the beer is at least equal in quality, flavor & aroma. Wow! Number one beer from Belgium for me! By far best fruit beer on the market!

3.58/5  rDev -9.1%

A good starter lambic, Lindemans Framboise is perhaps the most popular of all lambics among novices. It pours a ruby red color with a bubbly, pink head. Attractive, but not stunning. Nose is an inviting bouquet of raspberry essence and some sugary notes. Flavorwise, a rush of tart raspberry flavor marries well with some sweet sugar notes. Almost becomes cloying compared to other, traditionally unsweetened lambic beers. Bubbly, effervescent mouthfeel lends well to this beer, though it could be improved. Drinks fairly well, but considering the residual sweetness that looms, it does not fare well when compared to "the real thing." A nice introductory lambic, but far from being the benchmark for the style.

4.6/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Hazy (bottle conditioned). Red robe topped by a huge, fluffy, pillow-like pink head that leaves excellent lace throughout the glass. The aroma is somewhat sour with light, dry fruit notes. There are some odd notes present from the lambic, but nothing off-putting. The body is medium with a lightly zesty carbonation. The flavor is astonishingly full of candyish sweetness and tart/sour raspberry with minimal characteristics from the lambic - some mustiness is all that really stands out. Obviously, this is geared toward the masses. The fruit is somewhat authentic in character, but it's also clearly overdone. It finishes semi-sweet with a splash of acidity and then some sticky sweetness left in the mouth. Makes a great apertif or after-dinner drink. Because of it sweetish and clean tasting character, the Lindeman's brands make a good entry into flavored lambics.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans