Lindemans Framboise | Brouwerij Lindemans

Added by Todd on 11-01-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 2,861 |  Reviews: 1,059
4.34/5  rDev +11.9%

I used to dislike Lambics...until I had this sweet sweet nectar. And that's what it is...sweet. It's very thin, but the red color in my glass was beautiful. The aroma is purely intoxicating. The very pungent aroma of raspberries hits hard.

The taste made my lips pucker a little, but that wasn't a bad thing. Sour fruits all the way, and oh boy is it good. I know many people can drink these all night, and possibly due to the low ABV it would be easy, but the sweetness would get to me after a while. One of two though, and mmmmmm boy. A lambic on tap is a true treat.

4.85/5  rDev +25%

They have this on tap at Redbones...I had three the other night.

This beer pours a deep dark garnet color, no head. It is chock full of sweet/tart raspeberry flavor. The balance is perfect, not too tart, but not too sweet.

This is a premium session beer for me...I have nicknamed it Belgiam Kool-aid. No disrespect for this one, I call it that due to the outstanding taste and very high drinkability.

Yes, this is a beer I can drink all night, I had two other beers, and their mouthfeel didn't even come close to this one.

A real treat I love, outstanding!

pat

4.3/5  rDev +10.8%

When I first found this beer, it ran for ten dollars a bottle. So, I can't say I was ever fond of it, basically just due to the price. I think it's one of the first corked beers I came across as well, so my friends at the time justified the cost and bought it. I found this bottle for about 4 bucks, quite a grab gotta love it. A wine like ruby purple, very bubbly with a quickly dissipating head. A deep bitter raspberry aroma with loads of bubbles arising to tickle the nose. Taste is a sharp bitterness, mellowed out with the sweet raspberry tones. Along with a champagne like bubbly sensation on the back of the throat, this beer is a medium bodied Belgium wonder. Much more mellow on tap, but overall this style is amazing (wild yeast, oh yeah!!!)! Very drinkable, except it's a little too tart and sweet to drink excessively.

4.42/5  rDev +13.9%

This beer has, I feel, a perfect balance between sweet and sour. The raspberry flavor is the obvious strong flavor, with a great tug of war between sweet and sour feelings. I think the sweetness wins in the end, because the sweetness can be a little much unless you're really in the mood for it. I enjoy the kriek more than this beer, but lindemans lambics are always very enjoyable to me.

4.03/5  rDev +3.9%

Ahhh, the raspberry selection in the Lindemans line of lambics!

As with all of the lindemans lambics, it comes in a green bottle, corked and capped with a colorful foil over the top.

The color is deep red with a thin pinkish head which leaves a thin lace as you drink it. The smell is of fresh raspberries. It has a thick mouthfeel that makes you pucker a bit and the taste is a little on the tart side but definitely tastes of fresh raspberries, leaving very little aftertaste. This tartness precludes it from being a session brew...it's better suited as a dessert brew, as are all of the lambics in the Lindemans line (with perhaps the exception of the Gueze). Overall, another very tasty selection that I would highly recommend!

Presentation: 750ml corked, caged, and capped bottle from bread and circus in Cambridge, MA.

this beer was my first foray into the world of 'lambic' and it was a good one. This 'beer' poured into my glass a nice pinkish-red colour with some flesh-like peach highlights to it. This beer also had a nice pinkish head to it. The aroma was of raspberries and an old farm-house(but in a good way...)and the taste was more of the same. Sweet and dry at the same time, and very complex, a very interesting brew, for sure. This has a high drinkability as it is a low abv beverage that would be good to sip all day in the summer. However, The sweetness could get old after a while, a nice beverage to say the least.
cheers!,
F.

4.02/5  rDev +3.6%

This was the first time tasting a lambic after seeing the bottles on shelves for years. I was not disapointed and am not a fan of beers with fruit flavors like Sam Adams cherry wheat, or the appricot flavor in Majic Hat #9. This is a whole different animal and I thought it was great. This poored rasberry red with a deep pink head and the taste of rasberrys came through sweet and tangy at the same time. This is a desert beer that I could drink after every meal and even on it's own if in the mood [Breakfast maybee or the treadmill at the gym while working out???]. I brought this beer to a familiy dinner and served it for the women who loved it. This would be a great unique bring along if you were invited over to an actual "girls" house for dinner and make a good conversation piece as well. She'll love your worldly culture and might reward you in the end.

4.27/5  rDev +10.1%

One thing besides the taste that I find attractive in the Lambic style is the color. I’m a very visual person, especially with my beer, if it “Ain’t pretty, I ain’t gonna like it”, that may be an exaggeration, but it does enter into my evaluations.

The color on the pour an eye pleasing deep raspberry red, the head modest in size with nice clinging sheets of lace to cover the glass. Sweet and lightly tart raspberry aroma, malt and a fizzy crispness also present. Start is “sweet and sour”, the top lean in feel, the finish biting in its acidity, minimal hop presence, dry long lasting aftertaste, and a real treat, as I consider these “Deserts” in their own right, a great change of pace from an old hunk of Strawberry Cheese cake, BLAH, and if you believe that about me, I have some sea front property in Yuma I will sell you.

4.02/5  rDev +3.6%

This is a good thing if you are into it I guess. Strong raspberry with some tartness to it taste. I gave it a good rating, because I really liked it just for one bottle of it, but after that it gets really sweet. I know my girlfriend likes it, but then again, she likes sweet things. Anyways, the price turns me away from it. I mean, come on, $5 a pop?!?!? That's a little too pricey for me. But, I guess if you have the money, it's all good.

3.65/5  rDev -5.9%

Dark reddish brown, no light transmission and a big 1/2 inch head of pink foam. Laces in big drapes. Raspberry aromas of coarse, but some yeast senses, too. Pleasant deep berry flavor, not jam-like but with some impressions of more sour seeds and stems as well. Still, there's quite a bit of initial sweetness, tempered by some "pizza dough" yeastiness mid mouth and a somewhat dryer finish. Not bad, sort of a starter Lambic in my book, as I'm on a trail to find some that are more puckering and somewhat less like cotton candy.

3.68/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a light reddish (a bit towards pink) colour topped by a beautiful pink head that leaves lace throughout the glass as you enjoy this lambic. The aroma is rasberry aroma and something different that the other lambics, a strange smell actually. Flavour of this lambic consists of sweet rasberry. Good carbonation and impressive mouthfeel. One of the finest fruit lambics i've tasted

3.6/5  rDev -7.2%

Tasted at the Barrelhouse Brewing Company Microbrew Fest on November 9. Pretty raspberry color and a strong raspberry aroma. The flavor is sweet and fruity throughout. I liked this despite it not tasting like most beers. Definitely has a wine cooler feel to it.

3.85/5  rDev -0.8%

Ordered one of these in my favorite beer bar. The cork really impressed as did it's own glass. All down hill from there. It tasted like a Kir Royal. If I had been wearing a blindfold, I would have never guessed this was a beer. It was sweet, with a good carbonation, but the fruit taste was all powerful. I think I'll shy away from these, unless I'm in the mood for a cocktail.

Wow! Have you ever tasted Framboise as a wine? There isn't really that much difference! Color is a hazy ruby red with the aroma of raspberries. The taste has a slight tart/sweetness with a big raspberry after taste that just lingers & lingers on the palate for a long time. I fact, as I write this review, it has been at least an hour and I've still have the after taste in my mouth. I love the wine, but the beer is at least equal in quality, flavor & aroma. Wow! Number one beer from Belgium for me! By far best fruit beer on the market!

3.58/5  rDev -7.7%

A good starter lambic, Lindemans Framboise is perhaps the most popular of all lambics among novices. It pours a ruby red color with a bubbly, pink head. Attractive, but not stunning. Nose is an inviting bouquet of raspberry essence and some sugary notes. Flavorwise, a rush of tart raspberry flavor marries well with some sweet sugar notes. Almost becomes cloying compared to other, traditionally unsweetened lambic beers. Bubbly, effervescent mouthfeel lends well to this beer, though it could be improved. Drinks fairly well, but considering the residual sweetness that looms, it does not fare well when compared to "the real thing." A nice introductory lambic, but far from being the benchmark for the style.

4.6/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Hazy (bottle conditioned). Red robe topped by a huge, fluffy, pillow-like pink head that leaves excellent lace throughout the glass. The aroma is somewhat sour with light, dry fruit notes. There are some odd notes present from the lambic, but nothing off-putting. The body is medium with a lightly zesty carbonation. The flavor is astonishingly full of candyish sweetness and tart/sour raspberry with minimal characteristics from the lambic - some mustiness is all that really stands out. Obviously, this is geared toward the masses. The fruit is somewhat authentic in character, but it's also clearly overdone. It finishes semi-sweet with a splash of acidity and then some sticky sweetness left in the mouth. Makes a great apertif or after-dinner drink. Because of it sweetish and clean tasting character, the Lindeman's brands make a good entry into flavored lambics.

3.98/5  rDev +2.6%

This was a pinkish amber. Anyway this was great the color was good and the head was a pinkish color also that left a little bit of a lace behind. The smell of the fruit was very strong. It tasted like cotton candy from the fair. The sourness make its a little hard to drink these badboys down for a while and of coarse the price did not help either 10 dollars a bottle.

4.63/5  rDev +19.3%

I usually agree with the consensus on this site, but here is a beer that has been unjustly criticized. Generations of cold-climate farmers have been striving to preserve their produce in ways that taste better, last longer and are more interesting. Lindemans represents the state of the art in natural fruit preservation. Drink it by the gallon for breakfast!

4.3/5  rDev +10.8%

Dark red color with a pink head that leaves some lace all the way down. Raspberry aroma with a light wine scent. Sweet at first then the tartness balances it well. Finishes crisp but not dry. Very good. I can drink this anytime of the day. Tasty!!!

3.65/5  rDev -5.9%

Deep ruby color, with a thin pink head. Aroma and taste dominated by raspberries. Fairly sour, and very crisp, with a light body. Almost like drinking a raspberry tart.

3.85/5  rDev -0.8%

It's suprisingly dark purple with a fluffy pink head. It smells like raspberry sherbet. The sweetness seems like it's about to overwhelm when the slightly sour taste hits and balances everything very nicely. Fortunately, it doesn't leave a sticky-sweet aftertaste. If you're up for a brunch, this would work better than champagne. It also hits the spot after dinner.

3.9/5  rDev +0.5%

An interesting brew that was different than the Peche in a few ways. Striking maroonish colour without any clarity. Significantly less head than my other try, reduces to a thin lace. Very strong raspberry nose, strikningly so. You can smell it nearly a yard off. Strong tart and sweet, raspberry taste. Very mild malt base. Smooth champagne body and sparkle.

Nearly a candy beer. Very strong raspberry flavor and tartness. I found it less drinkable than the peche because of the extreme tartness. Well worth the experience. These lambics are somethin'. Cheers!

4.4/5  rDev +13.4%

I had this lambic to round out my dining experience at a local beer bar/restaurant. I found it quite pleasant indeed - very nice fruit flavor, but not cloying as some can be. Mouth was was good too - did not feel like drinking syrup. Highly recommended as a "dessert beer" if such a category exists.

3.3/5  rDev -14.9%

I agree with Elgaupo this isn't beer as far as I am concerened. It's gonna be rated high by me, but more as a refreshing kool aid type drink..NOT BEER. It's very colorful and smells great but hey I can drink a cheery soda if i want that.............CHEERS

4.19/5  rDev +8%

very fruity and loaded with tingling carbonation. it is definitely not a mock lambic that is really a wheat beer. it is very flavorful and enjoyable. not a beer, but i can see myself having a lambic from time to time.

Lindemans Framboise from Brouwerij Lindemans