Lindemans Kriek | Brouwerij Lindemans

3.85/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,274 |  Reviews: 535

4.05/5  rDev +5.2%

A: Nice clear red colour, pink and frothy head, a lot of lacing and good head retention;

S: A very strong and sweet cherry with some hint of a spicyness;

T: Starts with sweet fruit, not just cherry, hints of strawberry and cranberry, but the sweetness along with most of the strong fruit flavours fade and a tartness comes in, although not that sour;

M: Medium bodied, thick and syrupy mouthfeel, decent level of carbonation;

O: Good Kriek if you like it on the sweet side, gives you a strong red fruit, highly drinkable, pretty much a dessert in a bottle!

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

4.3/5  rDev +11.7%

Fills a white wine glass a beautiful cherry color that ranges to a cloudy sunset red. No head or lace was present.

Reminiscent of Hawaiian Punch or Smith Bros. Cherry Cough Drops.

Sweet! Very sweet. Cherry cough syrup. Some tart cranberries are also discernible.

Slick with a medium body that leaves a syrupy coating.

This is a fun dessert beer reminiscent in flavor and spirit of fruit striped gum.

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

4.07/5  rDev +5.7%

After purchasing the Lindeman's stange (a while ago so I could have a stange), I saw this beer and decided what's better than owning the glassware - trying the beer that labels the glass.

Here goes (this is my first lambic, bear with me):

Into a stange:

A: deep ruby red/purple colored body with a one and a half finger fluffy lumpy light pink head that lasts a good five minutes. I couldn't see any carbonation because the body was too dark.

S: black cherries up front and dominating, some light barley and dark fruits. Just a tad of sourness comes out.

T: decent combination between the sweet black cherries and sour cherries. Some spice mixes in with the barley.

M: light to medium body giving a "soda" feel to the beer as the carbonation makes itself present. Still, this is very easy to drink. With the low ABV, this is very sessionable.

O: is this a beer? Ok, I know this is my first lambic, but, I'm not sure what else to say other than I wouldn't mind trying others of this style. I'll get this again when I have a malt drinker over to my house and they say they want a beer. I'll give them this just so I can see the look on their face.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

From 08/02/12 notes. A 375ml bottle picked up earlier that day into a tulip.

a - Pours a deep ruby red-purple color with one finger of fluffy light pink head and moderate carbonation evident. Looks great.

s - Smells of black cherries, sweet dark fruits, spice, Belgian yeast, and a small twinge of sourness. Sweeter than sour, reminds me a lot of black cherry soda.

t - Tastes of sweet black cherries, sour cherries and dark fruits, spice, Belgian yeast, fruity malts, and black cherry soda. Dead ringer for the soda.

m - Light to medium body and low to moderate carbonation. Easy to drink.

o - Overall I liked this one a lot, more so than the Framboise I had last week from them. Neither are sour, but both are great sweet fruit beers, with a little bit of a Belgian kick to them. I like cherry a little better and this reminded me of black cherry soda, so I'd choose this over the other, but both are great and worth trying.

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%