Lindemans Kriek | Brouwerij Lindemans

Added by Quaffer on 07-28-2001

Ratings: 1,265 |  Reviews: 532
4.7/5  rDev +21.1%

4.69/5  rDev +20.9%

I didn't quite know what to expect on this one. Overall I thought it was great. It looked like champagne, it tasted a bit like cider. Definitely not what I am used to in a beer. I loved it thought. $11.00 a bottle at the local beer bar is pretty expensive though. I could go for another one. One good thing is you could drink a lot of these and at 4.0 ABV you will still be able to walk out.

4.69/5  rDev +20.9%

poured into a tulip

A.

A nice dark ruby red color with a fingers worth of pink bubbly head. Head dissipates quickly but leaves an insane amount of lacing.

S.

awesome. big sweet cherry flavor with some of that funky lambic smell.

T.

Big sweet cherries with a little tartness. My favorite sour beer so far. Reminds me a little bit like a black cherry soda. (pop in my neck of the woods)

M.

light bodied. very bubbly like sparkling wine. Goes down great and leaves a nice cherry aftertaste lingering for a bit.

D.

very high. Relatively low ABV and can be found pretty much anywhere. great taste and very refreshing. A great dessert beer or for a special occasion.

4.68/5  rDev +20.6%

A: Poured cranberry color with a 3 finger pink head. Loads of carbonation. Looks great. Fluffy head.

S: Black Cherry Soda.

T: OMFG. Sour, sweet, cherries, delicious. I love this sweet ass beer.

M: Smooth, rich with mild carbonation.

O: Love this as a dessert beer. Wow. So love Cherry Lambics. Deliciously sweet with a mellow sour aftertaste. Would definately buy a ton more.

*Paired with Strawberry Shortcake

4.68/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Appearance – A dark ruby red color with a reddish pink head that sticks around as a thin layer for a long time. Leaves a cobweb like lacing.

Smell – Cherry bomb. Mostly sweet, but also a hint of sourness. Awesome!

Taste – A sweet cherry flavor with a very light touch of sour. It may be borderline too sweet, but at the same time, it's extremely tasty. This is one of the great lambics in my opinion.

Mouthfeel – Kind of a fine champagne feel (not taste), with a very mild sourness and a cherry aftertaste.

Drinkability – Incredibly drinkable. Far better than most other lambics I’ve tried that are too sour for me.

4.67/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Fantastic initial taste. not to strong, not too sweet. The after taste, tastes just like cherries.

4.65/5  rDev +19.8%

This beer pours a deep ruby color, opaque in the glass. It had a light pinkish head. There is a strong cherry smell, almost like a juice. There is a distinct sweet cherry taste that is pleasing and well-balanced with a sour tartness. Because of its initial sweetness, this beer is smooth and easy to drink. It can go down quickly without realizing it if you don't remember to sip and enjoy it! I really like that this beer can be enjoyed any time of the day and makes a particularly nice "breakfast" brew.

4.65/5  rDev +19.8%

Probably one of my favorite beers...thick, frothy pink head and exceptional cherry flavor. Finally, a beer that's good enough for breakfast, brunch or dessert! It may get a little old drinking more than a couple of bottles though...it's a little on the sweet side, but still one of the top two in Lindemans line of lambics.

4.64/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.63/5  rDev +19.3%

Beer is the essence of grain. This is the essence of grain and cherries. Emphasis on the cherries. These beers really test the limits of how much fruit can be packed into a mere 750ml bottle. Pure, intense, natural. I find these a lot less cloying than it seems others do. While sweet on the attack, the finish is as dry as a whistle. The impression of sweetness seems perfectly balanced. The fruit was simply very ripe, and that's what carries through the flavors.

4.62/5  rDev +19.1%

355ml foil wrapped, corked green bottle. Pours a cascade of dark cherry wildness into a snifter with a two finger light pink head. Very attractive lacing of the same hue, but with some tiny beige bubbles. Bouquet of fresh dark cherries is intoxicating. It's sinful to taste. Light notes of hops and soft malt remind you that this is an ale. The Chantilly lace on the glass keeps reminding me that thiis Lambic cherry ale is very tasty. You can find this ale at most pubs/cafes in the Low Countries of western Europe. It's not cheap there, either.

Near perfect if you like cherries with your ale.

4.62/5  rDev +19.1%

Hazy ruby with a pink head. Laces in webs, well carbonated.
The aroma is full of cherry, very strong a combination of sour and sweet, maybe they use both black and red cherries, or it's just sweetness from the malt and my nose is playing tricks on me.
Nicely tart, the taste is sour cherry, just light malt under the cherry taste. Sweet cherry comes through next once you're used to the tartness. Not terribly complex as it's just a blend between cherry/sweet/sour in the aroma and flavor departments.
I love it but it never seems like I'm drinking a beer. I like to have this after dinner.

4.61/5  rDev +18.8%

A - It is red/light maroonish in color with a purple head. There is great visible signs of carbonation. When poured into my glass, the foaming bubbles fall to the bottom and rise back to the top. Great retention.

S - I have said this about all the Lindemans Lambics I've tried and the same goes with this one... it has the cork aroma with a hint of cherry. It smells like it will give you hope of what's in store for the taste.

T - It's tart with a fruity acidic bite. It has the similar taste as the smell as if you can almost taste the cherryish cork. I like it.

M - My mouth instantly salivates and my tongue is bitten by the fruity acid. It feels light on my tongue.

D - This is not a chugging beer. I consider it a special beer that I would bring out to share with visitors. I would have wine lovers that do not like beer taste this to show them that not all beers are built the same. I could almost expect a full tummy after a couple bottles.

This is personally my favorite of the Lambics.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Pours with a billowing effervescent pink-tinged head, settling out on top of hazy, murky dark pink/red liquid. Nose is tart cherries mixed with a soda pop sugary sweetness. Taste is a refreshing tartness followed by sugary notes and a cherry tartness emphasized by by the light-bodiedness from the wheat malt. Finishes up tart and very refreshing, my only complaint here is that it's just a tad too heavy-handed with the sweetness. Still, it would be too easy to drink mass quantities of this beer...it's just too damn expensive to make that a reality! I love this beer...I must be the minority because I see it really doesn't get high marks from many here.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Pours truly ruby red, with a big old fluff of pink foam.
Smell is sweet tarts, cherries and a light funk.
Tastes immediately sour. This mellows into a sweet cherry pie flavor. The end is total sour sock flavor. Very complex.
smooth and satisfactory. This is a nice introduction into the funky world of lambics. I enjoy this beer immensely

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Sour cherry smell and taste. Carbonation makes it like a sour cherry wine.

4.6/5  rDev +18.6%

Small bottle, poured into a wine glass.

Pour - Awesome, beautiful red with a white/pink head that has an awesome light cherry aroma.

Smell - Cherries and sugar, with a very mild earthy aroma that peaks through at the end.

Taste - Really one of the finer lambics I've had, very easy to drink, also sweet with a nice cherry flavor - almost too easy to drink. It has a syrup-like feel, very nice though, with cherry flavors clearly dominating the palate.

Overall - I would suggest this to be the first beer to try in the Lambic style - it is moderately priced (in comparison) and it will quickly let you know how you feel about the overall style.

Worth a shot to at least pick up a bottle.

Cheers.

4.58/5  rDev +18%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.58/5  rDev +18%

*This is my first review so I will attempt to be as helpful as possible.
The Pour:
I used the glassware produced by the brewery for this beer. The lambic pours with a thin pink head and a fair amount of carbonation at you fill the glass. It pours a deep red, almost bergundy color.

Smell:
The smell is, as one would assume, of cherries and and one can even draw upon the sweetness of the beer just from its unique scent.

Taste:
Personally, I feel this kriek is the best of any. The mouthfeel is light and the taste is quite sweet (almost too sweet at times). I have had friends compare this lambic to juicy juice. I would have to say that I do not entirely disagree. However, is it such a bad thing? The cherry flavor becomes more powerful as the beer rolls over your tongue and hits the back of your throat. It is also somewhat sour at first... let it sit on the back of your tongue for a moment and you will find the perfect harmony between all of the beers qualities. The carbonation is definitely noticeable, but well matched for this particular beer.

Drinkability:
This is the only aspect of the beer that I do not rate incredibly high due to its sweetness. I find that I often have a hard time finishing the 750ml bottle myself so I often split it with a friend and find that I am still quite satisfied. I definitely don't advise drinking more than a full bottle of this as a stomach ache from all the sugar is assured at anything past that.

Overall, this is one of my favorite beers and love to endulge on special ocassions. Great lambic and overall teriffic beer.

4.57/5  rDev +17.8%

Received this 12 oz beer at iTap House (Chesterfield) and poured it in a Flute Glass.

Beer Appearance: Bright red, 2 fingers length of head

Smell: Twizzlers or a dark cheery type of scent

Taste: Very distinct taste of cherries without the sour finish. Awesome!

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, sweet, and not really a sour finish.

Drinkability: Unbelievable! Very sweet but could drink 4-5 without thinking twice. If anything, Lindemans made their Kriek taste nothing like a creek...

4.57/5  rDev +17.8%

37.5cl bottle. 08 Sep 2016. I was trying to think of how I would describe the colour and the obvious answer is that it's cherry coloured. Tall, frothy pink head which lasted well and left some lovely Brussels lace. Powerful aroma of black and sour cherries. Reminds me of a cherry starburst. Medium sweetness and a pleasant tartness. Medium-full bodied, smooth, spritzy, sticky and a lip-smacking tart finish. Delicious. 9.

4.57/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz. bottle

Pours ruby red with a dense creamy frothy pink foam head. Smells like cherry juice, oak, funky hay, tart cherries, green apple, with earthy herbal hops. Tastes like sweet and tart cherries, green apple, oak, funky hay, with earthy herbal hops. Feels medium bodied, creamy and slick with moderate low carbonation. Overall a really nice kriek.

4.56/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.55/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

A moderate pour got me a little over half a finger of head that can best be described only as strawberries and cream colored. The body is a deep, rich maroon color. The head dissipated down to a few bubbles up top and a ring around the glass, but a thin sheet of lacing struggles to cling to the sides.

Smells of sweet black cherries and medicine mostly.

The flavor is that of deep rich black cherry, with a hint of medicine, making it like a pleasant cough drop flavor. There is a slightly bitter tang to the end as it warms up. Also appearing as it warms is a slight grain flavor in the middle. Overall, very sweet.

Light bodied and highly carbonated, this beer is most pleasing to the palate, although it isn't something I would drink a lot of, nor often. The carbonation is almost that of pop, but this in no way detracts from the drink.

4.55/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Lindemans Kriek from Brouwerij Lindemans