Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René | Brouwerij Lindemans

Style: Gueuze

Added by Todd on 09-18-2002

11%

Ratings: 2,130 |  Reviews: 906

After taking off a few days from beer after a great tasting in Houston I decided to have one tonight. I've only had Gueze Lambics at tastings and never had a full bottle, so I'm excited, and am a rookie to this.

Poured into a Tulip

Appearance-A Golden honey color with nice carbonation streaming to the top. Head is a 3 finger white bubbly head that dissipates fairly quick, leaving very little lacing.

Smell-First thing I pick up is saison(ish) farmhouse funk. A few swirls in the glass and I get some apple and pear, slightly sour.

Taste-So I've been getting into sours, and I'm definitely about 50/50 with them right now, and thoguht i'd get more out of this buts rather easy to drink. The front of the lips i get some tart green apple then I get some pretty subtle belgian yeasts with a finish thats a little peppery and sour and pretty dry.

Mouthfeel-More on the light bodied side with moderate to high carbonation. Very easy to drink.

Overall-I can see why this beer is considered an entry level queze. It's very easy to drink, the tartness comes through. A beer I would definitely drink alot more often.

12oz bottle poured into a snifter.

A: Hazy orange body with little head retention.

S: Loads of funk and vinegar.

T: Lip-puckeringly sour with plenty of barnyard notes. Unrelenting dryness in the finish.

M: Light to medium-bodied with bubbly carbonation.

D: If Lindemans was a recording artist, Framboise would be its self-consciously accessible and commercial recording and Cuvee Rene would be its dense experimental work. Having the two so close together was really quite jarring. This is a fine example of the style, but I think I'd enjoy it more in the summertime.

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René from Brouwerij Lindemans