Lindemans Faro Lambic | Brouwerij Lindemans

3.66/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,058 |  Reviews: 508

4.95/5  rDev +35.2%

So good. Best of the night

4.91/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great taste and slightly sour!

4.83/5  rDev +32%

poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass
A - beautiful dark amber, clear with small white head that stay for a little bit
S - mix of semi- sweet fruits and sour fruits
T - amazing, I had no idea what i was getting myself into, this tastes the farthest from any beer I have ever had, it tastes like a sour skittle almost, very good beer
M - smooth, a little thin, but great
O - this was my first faro, and my first lindemanns beer, it was absolutely excellent

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

This was my first Faro so consider this review more of a review of the style as opposed to a review of the beer in comparison to others of the style.

I was impressed…big time.

I first found this beer at Chateau LaCour, a wonderful beer bar/reggae club high in the Massif Central on the border between Ardeche and Haute-Loire. I noticed that nearly half of the drunken French hillbillies in the place were downing the stuff so after a few bottles of Chimay Blue and Rocheforte 10, I ordered a 750 of Faro. It was served in the bottle sans glass. Everybody else was drinking it right out of the 750 so I didn’t think much of it. I just started downing it.

Instantly I was impressed by the big intense raspberry. This beer captures the essence of raspberry better than most. The fruit is just huge and the candied sugar makes it supremely drinkable. It was very similar to Lindeman’s Raspberry Lambic only much, much bigger and better. I followed up this first bottle with several other at home and in a glass.

Now I am generally not one to enjoy more than one fruit beer in a sitting but this one is exceptional. The fruits of this Faro are so big and the sugar and spice are so well balanced with the natural sourness of the lambic, I could sit and guzzle away at this one all night long. I loved it. I still love it and I’m desperate to get my hands on some in the states.

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

If you are looking to try your first lambic or haven't had one in a while, this is a fantastic choice to seek out. I served this beer in a Lindemans flute I recently purchased. Upon pouring, there was a healthy amount of carbonation but not too much. Right off the bat I was able to pick up almost floral sweetness notes. The taste was very similar to the nose with a bit of tartness. This is a perfect Lambic to quench your thirst. The balance of sweetness and tartness reminds me of a good glass of lemonade. If you are looking for something different that is still very approachable, you should pick up a bottle or two of this.

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

This is a totaly new style for me. This seems more like a cider or wine than beer! Especially, as there was cork under the wrap and cap!

Aroma was fruity like wine. Poured clear pale coppery with thin creamy beige head . Head short lived. Some lacing of glass. Taste is sweet, sweet, sweet! Liquid candied sweet potato! Slightly fizzy soda like feel and pleasant sweet aftertaste. Expensive, but worth it.

4.77/5  rDev +30.3%

I bought this bottle from Capone's Restaurant in Norristown, PA. I poured it into an oversized water glass
Appearance: The body is a clear reddish amber color. The head is a finger tall, dark beige, good retention, small bubbles, and thin pretty lacing.
Smell: The aromas are nutty, tart, and berries.
Taste: The flavors are raspberry, sweet tartness, and blackberries.
Mouthfeel: The body is thin and the finish is dry and clean.
Drinkability: This beer is stellar.
Don't drink and review.

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Very tasty. One of the best beers I've ever had. Only thing is it could have been a little more sour and less sweet but still tremendous

4.7/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Excited to see this at Vintage Estate. The employee who recommended it said it was his favorite beer.

Poured into a snifter: Cloudy, deep amber, like a golden-brown, with bright orange highlights & a thin ring of loose head with some web lacing. Very rich, nice color.

Smell is definitely wild: apple cider, mild vinegar, tart lemon, a tiny bit of cherry. Complex & inviting.

Whoa! I was not expecting all that sweetness, as there's next to none in the nose. Light tart cherry & green apple at the very beginning, quickly blanketed by a huge honey & candi sugar sweetness. The sour notes still linger around the sweet center & buoy it, & gain strength in the finish with cherry & apple skins & a slight dryness. Residual fruity sweetness & a touch of funk in the aftertaste. I love the back & forth act going on here, both interesting & delicious, like they took the sour fruitiness of a Flemish red & turned it inside-out.

Full-bodied, effervescent, tart without being really challenging. Makes me salivate -- a little viscous.

This is fascinating & combine so many great elements: the sweetness of a barley wine, but low ABV (a plus), with the sour of an Oud Bruin & the funk of a lambic. Maybe it's partly the novelty, but I was really into this. One is satisfying -- a great drinker, but I wouldn't want to spoil myself. I really hope they start distributing this closer to home soon.

4.7/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer is kind of like an adult version of candy. It is very sweet but complex at the same time. The sweetness is very forward and it blends well together with sour tartness, woodiness, and maltiness. You definitely get that funky barrel smell and flavor just like all the other lindeman lambics. It is very worthy of trying and i recommend picking up a bottle ($7) if you can find it. Also, If you like this you might try the douchess de bourgogne.

Lindemans Faro Lambic from Brouwerij Lindemans