Lindemans Faro Lambic | Brouwerij Lindemans

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

1.25/5  rDev -65.8%

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

4.07/5  rDev +11.2%

a - poured a one finger thick eggshell-colored head into a tulip glass that left thick sheeting and lacing throughout. billows very nicely. the body was a bubbly amber color.
s - tart cherry candy.
t - sweet cherries with a hint of tartness. like cherry candy.
m - medium and sticky, lip-smacking dry.
o - my first faro and i really enjoyed it. reminded me a lot of new glarus wisconsin belgian red.

Picked up this 250ML bottle mostly because I had no idea what the hell a faro was. Good to know I'm not so far gone that I can name ever moon of Tatooine. Never mind. Split with my wife in our cozy flat, surrounded by Brussels garbage. Best by date of February 2015 on the cute label.

Pour looks innocent enough, straight-up amber with a persistent white mop. Nose is sweet sweetness, with only a faint varminty earth smell to interfere with the candy-shop aroma.

Lindemans Faro is a swift dose of sugary esthers, and that's about it. Candied sugar, incongruent earthy aftertaste. I am searching for the beer in my glass and not coming up with much. 125ML WILL BE PLENTY, THANK YOU.

Not sure if this is representative of an uncommon style, but I will admit I'm not likely to run out and see. Sweet. Mediocre, but only because I love sweet, all day, every day.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%