Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lindemans Faro Lambic | Brouwerij Lindemans

Added by stcules on 12-28-2002

Ratings: 1,062 |  Reviews: 509

3.73/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Into a flute glass. Clear, peach color body. Finger of head lasted a few seconds.
It smells like barnyard vinegar cherry. Interesting if nothing else.
A slight vinegar taste and sweet candy. It's like beer candy.
Higher carbonation and light body.
It's a sweet, light, high carbonated beer. The sparkling wine of beer. Worth trying at least once.

4.19/5  rDev +14.5%

Kind of a weird pinkish orange. Thin head.

Wine-like, funky, sharp pungent aroma.

Complex sour, tart flavor. Fruity and sweet. Great flavor!

Medium bodied. Lightly carbonated. Smooth. Nice mouthfeel.

I'm just getting in to sour beers. This is one of my favorites so far. My first time trying a Faro. I like it.

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

4.31/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Appearance – Pours a dark, clear amber color, with a big white head and light lacing.

Smell – A bit sour like a gueuze, but the candied sugar is more dominant. I think the candied sugar is subtle raspberry; it might even be unflavored.

Taste – Taste starts with the gueuze, but is quickly overtaken by the candied sugar, which is a nice change from the sourness of a gueuze. No sour aftertaste at all.

Mouthfeel – Crisp, with a pleasant sweetness and perfect but somewhat light carbonation. Leaves little aftertaste.

Drinkability – Highly drinkable as it leaves no sour aftertaste. Much more drinkable than a typical gueuze.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

Served from tap into a sampler tumbler. Poured yellow-orange with a half finger white head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, sour, tart, funk, fruit, and subtle cherry. The flavor was of sweet malt, cherry, earth, tart, and sugar. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a good brew. This was my first Faro that I have had. So I really went into this one blind, but was hoping I would like what I would find. In typical Lindeman fashion this one was quite sweet, but not to the point of being sickening. There was a really nice balance of flavors without being overwhelming which made it quite easy to drink. I was hoping that my first from the style would be a little more of a harder to get brewery that is known for a little more tradition of their styles, but this one wasn’t too bad.

Poured from a 375ml bottle into a signature Lindemans glass. Pours out a crystal-clear coppery gold color with a nice tight head and lots of bubbles streaming to the top. Nose is dry and has champagne-like notes of white wine and apples.

Light body and firmer mouthfeel than I expected. Quite sweet up front as the candied sugar offsets the strong acidity. Get flavors of pepper, apples, white grapes, and a touch of ginger. I'm new to faros and I'm not sure what the great ones taste like, but this one fits the description nicely and tastes good. Not much of a finish, but that may be indicative of the style. I like the sweetness, but it may be just a bit overdone. If they pulled it back just a touch, the beer might be better.

4.83/5  rDev +32%

poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass
A - beautiful dark amber, clear with small white head that stay for a little bit
S - mix of semi- sweet fruits and sour fruits
T - amazing, I had no idea what i was getting myself into, this tastes the farthest from any beer I have ever had, it tastes like a sour skittle almost, very good beer
M - smooth, a little thin, but great
O - this was my first faro, and my first lindemanns beer, it was absolutely excellent

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

3.77/5  rDev +3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A-Dark reddish amber. Thin cream colored head

S-woah this smells tart! Just a very funky and sharp scent of lemony zest.

T-comes in with a much more mild taste than the nose lets on. The taste is strong of artificial sugars. It does have a slight tartness but it's mostly sweet. it's somewhat of an aged flavor. It's not bad. There's a hint of pepper in the after-taste.

M-syrupy, medium to low carbonation with a fairly dry finish.

O-one of the sweeter lambics I've had, especially considering there's a lack of fruitiness to it. It's okay but not entirely drinkable. I don't know if its the beer or style that I'm not fond of. The more I drink it, the less I can taste the flavors.

4.54/5  rDev +24%

Poured from bottle into tulip glass; extremely light fruity flavor, tart and acidic with a clean finish. Very similar to other Flemish beers, but w/ an added sweetness (no doubt from the Belgian candi sugar) that almost completely masks the alcohol bite.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Review from 8/2010 notes. Poured into a Gulden Draak tulip. Pours a dark orange amber with moderate carbonation and a moderate head that dissipated quickly, no lacing. Sweet and sour apple and cherry flavors, little malt or hops. Finishes with slightly sour fruit. Light and refreshing, worth picking up when available.

Lindemans Faro Lambic from Brouwerij Lindemans