Caledonian / Stone San Diego Session IPA | The Caledonian Brewing Company

Added by BlackHaddock on 11-25-2013

Reviews by wl0307:
3.5/5  rDev +17.1%

2.92/5  rDev -2.3%

Hand-pulled pint in The Four Candles (a Spoons in Oxford) on 22 Nov 13: my first pint of the day (and certainly not my last).

Poured an orange/gold with weak but full white head.

The nose was slightly citrus with a hop undertone, not a lot going on though.

The taste was crisp and sharp, hop lead with a malty middle and finish: couldn't decide if it was supposed to be so 'un-hoppy' for a beer with 'Stone' as the brewer, even if only partly.

I enjoyed it OK, but it was a strange brew and very unlike anything I've had from Caledonian or Stone before.

2.93/5  rDev -2%

Pint at 'spoons, this time in Helensburgh.

A dark straw, light gold coloured beer with a fairly big white head leaving some lacing. All I found in the nose was raspberry. This is reflected in the taste before a it becomes rather more herbal and slightly biscuity. However, my overall impression was that this beer was very light and, as the other reviewer notes, not what one would expect from either brewer. Thus, it would be easy to knock a few of these back, but frankly I'd prefer (and I expected) something more interesting.

Caledonian / Stone San Diego Session IPA from The Caledonian Brewing Company