Red Ale | Empyrean Brewing Company

Empyrean Brewing Company
Nebraska, United States
empyreanbrewingco.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by bditty187 on 03-25-2003

Reviews by beerbrains:
2.75/5  rDev -12.7%

3.49/5  rDev +10.8%

Goldish-amber hue, translucent with a sticky, long-lasting white head, good lacing. Very weak nose, some malty influence, nothing special. Pleasant tasting, malty, really creamy, slightly spicy. Light-medium mouthfeel. Very drinkable, softly flavorsome, too simple however. Overall, it is satisfactory, nothing worth seeking out; I’d drink it in a pinch.

3.02/5  rDev -4.1%

Out to eat at Lazlo's and I ordered this with my meal, I should have ordered something else. Server brought the beer in a standard pint glass.

Appearance: I look at the beer and think I got the wrong one, the server assures me this is the right beer. The Lazlo's Limited Red Ale is, well, not red. It was a dull copper/amber color, even a little orangish maybe, but nothing close to red. The beer was also a little hazy. Moderately carbonated, I could see bubbles rising quickly throuigh the liquid. The beer was also very cold and served with no head, a ring around the glass and left no lacing. I notice a small note card on the table describing the beer from the description given, I guess this is really the Red Ale. Personal Note: Here in the land of the Huskers, we love our red meat, Big Red gum, and if a beer proclaims to be a red ale, then bygawd it had better be RED.

Smell: Smell was malty, a little sweet, slight aroma of caramel, but definitely subdued.

Taste: Malty a touch sweet through the middle, my wife thought it was also a little bitter at the finish, I did not really notice. Had to let warm a little before drinking to get full flavors. Tastes decent, just not real bold.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, carbonated, lively. Easy going down.

Drinkability: As one might expect, this is easy to drink because it does not have a whole lot of substance. The note card spoke of Irish malt, I couldn't really tell there was anyhing special here. Maybe I expected too much, but I was a little dissapointed, a just miss IMO.

Red Ale from Empyrean Brewing Company