Blueberry Ale | Fancy Pants Brewing Company

3.88/5

Fancy Pants Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by NeroFiddled on 07-30-2002

Reviews by gueuzegeek:
4.59/5  rDev +18.3%

I believe this may be one that you either love it or leave it, and I LOVE it!! It is not your typical sweet/girly fruit beer, nor is it a lambic style, it definitely won me over at first sniff! The blueberry scent is very clear and the taste is so memorable, as I write I wish I had one! The dryness of the beer helps to differentiate it from other fruit beers.

3.52/5  rDev -9.3%

A nice beer. Golden in color with a thin, bright white head. Alot of blueberry in the nose but not so much in the flavor. I'm assuming extract was used, as that extract character is one of its characteristics. Otherwise pretty decent, with a nice basic sweet malt taste, although I thought it was a little heavy on the bitterness. The finish is a bit dry, but that bitterness may help to keep it from becoming cloying. Enjoyable.

3.54/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Golden in color with little head. Aroma is very intense blueberry. There is no hiding that this is a blueberry ale. Nothing much else in the aroma. Unfortunately the wonderful blueberry aroma doesn't follow through in the taste. I didn't expect it to be this dry. It's slightly tart as well. They're on to something good, but it needs a little work.

Blueberry Ale from Fancy Pants Brewing Company