Broken Honey Moon | Freetail Brewing Company

Freetail Brewing Company
Texas, United States
freetailbrewing.com

Style: English Pale Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by jamescain on 08-31-2011

3.25/5  rDev -11.7%

3.25/5  rDev -11.7%

3.5/5  rDev -4.9%

3.95/5  rDev +7.3%

From my notes:

Broken Honeymoon was described to me as an English Style Pale brewed with honey. Curiosity: piqued! Especially because I’ve worked my way through their boards so I’m always eager to try something new here.

The beer pours hazy, murky (but in a good way), like an unfiltered wheat beer or a yeasty Belgian. There’s a very thin head on it that quickly dissipates completely.

This beer is brewed with honey and it comes out in the nose. Smells … pleasant. Even as it warms up. It tastes just as sweet as it smells, with a clean and enjoyable finish. While it’s not something I’d usually order it was just about perfect for this hot August night.

3.62/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Light straw yellow with small bubbles streaming to the top. Covered with a white head about a finger thick that fades into a lacing over the top.

Aroma: Subtle fruity notes and honey. It's also slightly bready.

Taste: A touch of honey and citrus with a biscuity finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium carbonation and light body make it refreshing and easy to drink.

Overall: It's beer and I'll probably revisit if I've had everything else at the moment and want something easy to drink.

Broken Honey Moon from Freetail Brewing Company