O'Henry's Porter (Waterloo Brewing Anniversary Collaboration) | Freetail Brewing Company

3.87/5
Very Good

Freetail Brewing Company
Texas, United States
freetailbrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by elNopalero on 09-06-2011

Reviews by elNopalero:
3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

A limited release brewed in honor of the now-defunct Waterloo Brewing company.

From my notes:

Sweet aroma, definite coffee notes in the aroma and taste. There’s a sharpness/harshness that I detect—like burnt coffee?—that’s left hanging. I think if there was more of a body, perhaps a heavier/oilier mouthfeel or even some more booziness then I’d get the balance that makes such an edge more enjoyable. But this porter was thin-bodied, with moderate/mild carbonation, and ultimately didn’t work for me.

4.22/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Nice. Dark, rich malty and tasty.

O'Henry's Porter (Waterloo Brewing Anniversary Collaboration) from Freetail Brewing Company