Driftwood Pale Ale | Driftwood Brewery

Driftwood Pale AleDriftwood Pale Ale

Driftwood Brewery
British Columbia, Canada
driftwoodbeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

This Northwest style pale ale offers a citrus aroma blending with a delicate malt body and a clean refreshing finish. A beer for any occasion.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-19-2008

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | nextlast
3.08/5  rDev -19.8%

650ml bottle poured into a weizen glass. I bought this one at the BC liquor store on Commercial Drive.

Appearance: beautiful golden colour with lots of head.
Smell: yeast, a bit sweet.
Taste: bitter, a bit citrusy, a bit yeasty. Tastes like, well, your average beer. Certainly not bad, but nothing special... or maybe it's just that I like my beer maltier and less hoppy. I probably wouldn't get this again.

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

A hoppy beer with bitter tones that linger, especially at the back of the throat/mouth. Has a dry malty feel also . Full bodied lots of flavour with a light brownish look, maybe a little on the hoppy side for a pale ale though. This beer is great on tap as well and is my preferred way to drink it.

One of my favorite Pale Ales that are great for those hot sunny days.

4.18/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On tap @ Garrick's Head in Victoria.

A - Cloudy medium orange with a huge glow. Thin bright white.

S - Pine, grapefuit and a slight malt sweetness.

T - A good bitterness up front. Grapefruit, tangerine and pine. A slight caramel malt sweetness in the background. Bitter, dry finish.

M - Light to moderate carbonation. Resiny. Moderate carbonation.

4.11/5  rDev +7%

Picked up in BC, immediately liked the bottle design and wish I could get in in Alberta, hopefully soon I will be able to as the scene grows. Poured into a small-ish glass and split it with my girlfriend. The smell was pleasant, very Northwest hop forward with a touch of caramel malts. The head retention was lovely too, and after my girlfriend took a sip, she decided it was "too hoppy" for her liking. I took a sip and actually agreed that it was a tad hop forward for a pale ale, but I can appreciate that it wasn't a total hop bomb double IPA. I would have labelled this one an IPA myself, maybe I was looking for something a little more mellow, but I liked it overall. Again, I like what these guys are doing and Victoria has quickly become a force to be reckoned with on the Canada craft beer scene.

3.75/5  rDev -2.3%