Peacemaker Pale Ale | Lonerider Brewing Company

Peacemaker Pale AlePeacemaker Pale Ale

Lonerider Brewing Company
North Carolina, United States
loneriderbeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Peacemaker is a west coast style American Pale Ale that uses several hop varieties to produce a unique and bountiful hop aroma with a balanced bitterness. A special blend of American and European malts make this a very well rounded, characterful beer.

Added by Kegatron on 12-20-2009

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

3.02/5  rDev -17.5%

A - Deep honey color. Nice head and very good retention. Nice lacing.

S - The hops are there but are almost overpowered by the malts. I could deal with this alone but there is an underlying smell. There is a yeasty boozy undertone. When opening the bottle a drop or two came off the cap and onto my finger and I noticed it when I picked up the beer, made my finger smell like a cheap high gravity.

T - At first it is good, very balanced and pretty even on hops and malts. In my opinion could be heavier on the hops. I know we are going for and APA not an IPA but the malts in here are borderline dominate. Also, just like the smell there is an aftertaste, yeasty and bready and would be a better beer without that. I feel like the good and the bad kinda average here to give just an ok beer.

M - Good carbonation. Feels like a good full pale ale.

Being a local brew I really wanted to like this beer, I really do, but it just doesn't do it for me. It had been a couple years since I first tried it on draft downtown. I remember now that I wasn't impressed. Love the logos, love the promotion, love the local movement, but this just isn't what it could be. If I remember correctly though this one was better on draft,but like I said before it still wasn't what I had hoped.

Think I'm gonna have to keep sticking with foothills for my NC brewed hop cravings.

2.98/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Tasted 20 March 2013.

Pours a medium orange-amber. Clear, one finger of off-white head. Good retention, nice lacing. A nice wide, slow stream of bubbles rising up. Solid.

Smell is toasty, biscuity, with an herbal sense in the background. Smells a little of toasted coconut. It's balanced, and just fine.

Taste is, similarly, fine. Maybe a little less fine than the smell. Balanced in a way, but more two-humped. Starts with toasted malts, like bread almost done baking. On comes a moderately unpleasant bitterness, herby/medicinal. That taste persists, dragging my enjoyment of the beer down every second that it's still in my mouth. After a big gulp, it almost makes me shudder.

Feel is good. Medium-bodied, with small-medium bubble carbonation stirring the pot. Lasting, more than I want it to be, given the flavors that the persist.

A decent pale ale with a mean streak. That bitter wave in the flavor really pulls everything else down for me, though some hop-heads might dig it it. A bit less hop acids, and I'd probably like this a whole lot better.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Served from bottle into a Duck-Rabbit nonic. Poured a golden yellow-orange with a one finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained phenomenal lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, earth, spice, earth hop, and dirt. The flavor was of sweet malt, earth, earth hop, perfume, dirt, mushroom, and subtle spice. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a decent brew. There was something a little off on this one with the flavor. The perfume aspect was quite overwhelming if I am honest. It overtook just about every aspect on this brew and really killed it for me overall. I wish this weren't the case, but you can't always get what you want.

Peacemaker Pale Ale from Lonerider Brewing Company