Sundance Pilsner | Lonerider Brewing Company

Lonerider Brewing Company
North Carolina, United States
loneriderbeer.com

Style: German Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by smakawhat on 07-02-2011

Reviews by tdm168:
3.33/5  rDev -6.5%

On tap at Tribeca Tavern in Raleigh

Pours a golden yellow, though a bit hazy for a pilsner. The nose offers wheat, yeast and a hint of malt. The taste disappoints. Wheat and hops at first, but a weird finish; it took me a minute to place it, but it's sour and off putting (sour cream?). Decently carbonated and light bodied. I love Lonerider, but this beer doesn't do it for me.

3.88/5  rDev +9%

Poured on tap at the brewery in Raleigh into a plastic cup.

A nice simple two finger foamy off white head, body is your classic gold but slightly cloudy for a pilsner. Not much else to say, looks good, looks like a pilsner minus some haze, still alright.

A strong malt presence, but also a hint of sweetness, almost bubblegum like, but then a classic baked white bread. Sweetness throws me but otherwise pretty solid nose.

Taste brings that great baked bread sense and strangely a hint of mushy banana like a hefe. A good simple tolerable hop presence but also a little sweet much like the scent on the nose. Crisp with bread like dough body in feel, fairly solid, a little gassy but not too much. There is still some bubblegum sweetness to this on the finish

Overall good and simple drinking with some things that make it slightly better.

3.85/5  rDev +8.1%

Standard pint serving, straw golden in color, full white head that leaves tons of lace on the glass, looks very nice. Aromas are of grainy pilsner malts with a bready, full aroma. Lots of grassy and herbal hops. Carbonation appropriately on the high side, body light-medium. On the palate, full flavored lager malts with heavy bready flavors. It's slightly sweet with a lot of cut grass hop flavor. Cleans up into a moderate bitterness, soft and less crisp. Overall all pretty nice pils, full and flavorful but balanced.

3.88/5  rDev +9%

On tap at the brewery and now at home on the home keg. I am simply not going to try to explain everything. If you go to the description of a German Pils on this website I think that this beer pretty dang well matches that profile. I think that we have gotten so use to the macro pils that a beer like this with a nice unique flavor profile sometimes doesn't get the praise it deserves. I have thoroughly enjoyed this pilsener, especially on a hot summer night. It has been quite refreshing. I have not been disappointed by any beer that Lonerider has put out.

3.58/5  rDev +0.6%

My job takes me into Raleigh a bit so I was able to have this a little while ago. From notes: Clean golden yellow color, ok head and lace. Ok aroma, a little sweet maybe. Is that a bit of lemon in there? Bitter sweet flavor. I get pilsener out of it. Light pils body, with smooth mouthfeel, dry finish. It’s good. Drinkable. Would I order it for $4-5 again. Probably not.

Sundance Pilsner from Lonerider Brewing Company