Trippel Belgian Style Ale | New Belgium Brewing

New Belgium Brewing
Colorado, United States
newbelgium.com

Style: Tripel

Our Trippel has always been a big, beautiful Belgian-style ale, but in 2015, we tweaked the recipe to include a new yeast variety and even more complex malt profile. This golden beer opens with a bold blast of spicy Noble hops, courtesy of Saaz and Hallertau Mittlefruh, and gives way to the fruity aromas offered by our traditional Belgian yeast. Brewed with Pilsner and Munich malts, Trippel is classically smooth and complex, and sings with a high-note of sweet citrus before a pleasantly dry finish delivers a warm, strong boozy bite. Give Trippel a sip to get you smiling.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-15-2001

4.1

Ratings: 3,056 |  Reviews: 1,031

2.75/5  rDev -27.8%

4.75/5  rDev +24.7%

3.5/5  rDev -8.1%

3.5/5  rDev -8.1%

4.35/5  rDev +14.2%

12 once bottle with a recommended date of October 6 2013. Lighter than most Tripels. But for me the taste really suited what I prefer in an amber ale. While not the high alcohol content of your normal Tripels, it is a great beer that can be sipped and savored. A great value for the price. This may not be my top choice in this category of beer it is darn close as it is not as filling if you plan on drinking a few. I did not grasp anything overpowering in a particular flavor or taste. Just a very smooth drinking beer with a little more bang than you think when you see 7.8%. This is my first six pack and I am sure I will be stocking up real soon. I can give a more detailed review then as I am battling a bad cold. I recommend this one highly.

Trippel Belgian Style Ale from New Belgium Brewing