Pat's Belgian Stout | New Belgium Brewing

New Belgium Brewing
Colorado, United States
newbelgium.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by GClarkage on 03-10-2007

3.23/5  rDev 0%

10/24/06- On tap at the Toronado in San Francisco, CA.

Presentation- From the tap into a standard pint glass.

Appearance- Medium black in color. Not as dark as expected. Off brown 1/4 inch chocolate shake looking head. Creamy looking. Average patches of lace left.

Smell- Not very scented. A bit malty with some light roasted qualities and some odd fruit scent. Also maybe a dash of licorice.

Taste- Stout?!?! WTF? Tastes like grape soda with a bit of light chocolate malt tossed in for good measure. No hops whatsoever.

Mouthfeel- A touch creamy with some soda like carbonation qualities...way to carbonated for a stout.

Drinkability- Called this a fruit/veggie category because it was the closest I could come. It tasted fine, but not for a stout. Reminded me a lot like the Concord grape beer I had a few years ago. Tasty, but not for a stout. Damn, it won't let me use that catagory, so I guess it will go under the "freaky stout" category.

Pat's Belgian Stout from New Belgium Brewing