Ranger | New Belgium Brewing

newbelgium.com

Style: American IPA

Added by brownbeer on 12-30-2009

Ratings: 5,948 |  Reviews: 1,315

This is probably the best non - seasonal IPA ever brewed by mankind.

If you LOVE IPA's then it doesnt get much better than Ranger.

Hopslam is better but thats about it.

If you like IPA's then do the Ranger and forget about most everything else. Ranger kicks butt and after about 4 of them, you're horizontal so not much more matters anyhow.

DRINK THIS STUFF UP...IT'S AWESUM.

I have to give this an A+ only because that asshole from Arizona gave it a D+ and some other no good-hoppy-beer-liking S.O.B's scored it low as well.

I would truly give this brew about a B+ only because of the low ABV%.

I thought the taste was exceptionally hopped. I'm glad this bar down the road stocks it. Its either this or the next best thing Stone IPA but the Ranger is on special right now 2 for $10.

I'm ecstatic like Mos Def!

I did not pour into chilled glass as usual cause I was drinking str8 from the double deuce.

Maybe next time?

Purchased as a 22oz from Wine and Beer Westpark in Glen Allen, VA - poured into dfh snifter

No exaggeration. I can't find anything less than perfect here.

Pours a well filtered, very nice amber orange. Head is perfect, hangs around for a while and descends nicely with great lacing. Smells like a heaping handful of hops, I'm not educated enough to know what kind really but its nice and dry. Taste follows with a perfect back bone of malty goodness while maintaining a perfect amount of bitterness. Feels perfect and remains great as it warms.

Could it be confirmation bias ala my inability to buy this beer prior to this month in Virginia.. maybe..

but overall I love this beer and this may well be my new fav IPA.

Many years ago, and having at that time a different preference in beer, I discovered New Belgium's Fat Tire on a vacation in the Mountain West. It would be nearly ten years until I again was able to sample Fat tire, and while still enjoyable, it wasn't as good as I'd remembered.

On a recent vacation in the Mt. Rushmore area, I found Fat Tire to be plentiful as well as other New Belgium offerings. As an IPA fan I naturally grabbed a six pack of Ranger and was not disappointed. I hope I don't have to wait another ten years to get Ranger again.

Ranger from New Belgium Brewing