Fat Tire Amber Ale | New Belgium Brewing

Alströms:
3.6

Ratings: 8,727 |  Reviews: 2,052
1.17/5  rDev -67.5%

Drank it straight out of the bottle.

This beer smells like someone stale beer in a plastic cup from the party the night before.

Tastes like someone dropped a greasy wrench in the water then brewed the beer. I dread belching and having to taste it again.

Mouthfeel low carbonation, very little aftertaste; flat finish.

Drinkability: I can barely finish one. Even though it is 3 months before the exp. date, it seems flat and on the verge of getting skunky.

I bought the variety pack to try the various Fat Tire Ales and I am very disappointed with the amber ale.

1.2/5  rDev -66.7%

Pours a orange copper color with a thick yellow white head and very little lacing. Smells of malt, a little hops, and a little vanilla and citrus in there. Tastes mostly of sweet malts, rotten eggs, or something that has spoiled. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. Drinkability is poor.

1.25/5  rDev -65.3%

1.25/5  rDev -65.3%

1.28/5  rDev -64.4%

1.48/5  rDev -58.9%

1.54/5  rDev -57.2%

I've tried to like this beer on many occasions, but I just can't. It was actually hard for me to finish my last one, and I'm not one to like the idea of struggling to finish ANY beer. It's just way too malty and soapy for my tastes. A shame, too, because I happen to like a lot of other New Belgium styles.

1.59/5  rDev -55.8%

Holy cow... easy drinking beer? In my opinion, no way.
Initial taste is similar to an extremely watered down steak sauce, AKA rusty water with hints of citrus-like old meat Chinese food that you leave in your car overnight.

I find it mind blowing that this is one of New Belgium's signature beers.

1.64/5  rDev -54.4%

1.67/5  rDev -53.6%

Lots of people praise this beer and I had to go to a couple of stores to find a bottle. I really wish I hadn't been able to find it.

The smell is something horrid. Like the inside of a warm rubber or something. The taste was like a stale cracker or bread crust. Maybe it would go better with some kind of food, but by itself, it was not refreshing.

Sat on my stomach like a heavy brick.

Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium Brewing