Fat Tire Amber Ale | New Belgium Brewing

3.6

Ratings: 8,732 |  Reviews: 2,053

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%

3.41/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

P: 22oz bottle into a perfect pint glass.

A: Pours a golden amber with a two finger off white head. Nice lacing that sticks throughout the glass.

S: Grainy biscuit malt and that's about it.

T: Very similar to the smell. Biscuit or bread like malt. Slightly sweet, not a lot of hop bitterness, just enough to keep things in balance. Refreshing, very easy to drink but not all that complex.

M: Moderate body, refreshing carbonation. Easy to drink.

O: A solid beer but I'm not sure it stands out in the crowd. The price is reasonable and I'd recommend at least giving it a try.

3.64/5  rDev +1.1%

I was on vacation down in North Carolina so I wanted to try the local beers I can't get back in PA. I've had the 1554 from the brewery before and liked it so I decided to try the very popular Fat Tire. I found it weird that a beer from Colorado was sold in North Carolina and not up in Pennsylvania. I had this beer yesterday 9/7/13.

A - I poured the bottle into a regular pint glass. There was a hint of amber red. As for most beers, this was not very opaque.

S - Not usually one for the smell of the beer but this beer smelt like fresh flowers on a warm spring day.

T - It tasted really good, but I noticed a weird aftertaste as the beer got warmer. Not sure what that was about.

M - Pretty standard in the mouth category. I’m not going to get fat tire flavored Listerine either, although beer flavored Listerine would be crazy cool.

Overall I am amused by it, but I'm not going to rush out of state to get it. If I saw it on draft somewhere I might try it, but I’m not going to pay more than domestics for it.

Fat Tire Amber Ale from New Belgium Brewing