Fat Tire Amber Ale | New Belgium Brewing

3.6

Ratings: 8,731 |  Reviews: 2,053

4.5/5  rDev +25%

3.5/5  rDev -2.8%

For MONTHS I've been seeing Fat Tire advertisements around Michigan, and I just finally had one on draft. At $3 for a 20oz, I figured, why not?

Appearance: I feel like it's not even fair to judge a beer on tap because I've just found that any beer will look better when it comes on draft... this beer looked awesome. Had a small, creamy head that went away pretty quickly, but the lacing was great.

Smell: Has a dry, malt aroma. My friends like to say the smell is reminiscent of a "wet trunk". I can't disagree with that, but it's not an off-putting smell to me.

Taste/feel: Much like the smell. I've had a few ambers, and I find this tastes a little bit different. Most ambers I've had have had that "trunk" smell and taste, but Fat Tire's not quite the same. Not a fantastic beer by any means, but it's drinkable and cheap. The feel on this one is probably as good as I think it is because of it being on-tap... smooth and easy drinking.

Fat Tire's a solid beer all around. When left with this or the option of several BMCs, this one clearly wins.

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%