Belgo Belgian India Pale Ale | New Belgium Brewing

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by iSip on 10-07-2011

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

3.87/5  rDev +1%

Had this bottle actually back to back with NB regular ranger IPA.

I will say that im not a huge fan of most of the belgians; i think its something about the yeasts and others that make me not the biggest fan; i will say that i do appreciate the style. This bursts of wild yeasts and hops. A nice golden to pale straw color in the glass with a HUGE frothy head that almost burst out of the glass. This had a nice smooth feel to it and was extremely drinkable for a 7%er. I will say that having this right next to the ranger and looking at the botle; im just a bigger fan of the hop profile in the ranger; it had a lot more going for it but obviously that is the focus. Overall this is a great brew.

4.25/5  rDev +11%

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.25/5  rDev -15.1%

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

3.7/5  rDev -3.4%

A: Nice yellow amber color, but a minimal head. I expected more...overall though, clean refreshing looking beer.
S: You can definitely smell the belgian yeasts in this one. You cannot really smell any hops in this one, but I really really like how this one smells. (I think the taste is deceiving given the smell!)
T: You can definitely taste the hops in this beer. Initially I thought this overpowered the belgian style of the beer, but after a few more sips, the combination of the hops and the belgian yeast. The more I drink this the more I like it.
M: Crisp clean mouthfeel. Dry Finish

O: One of the first New Belgium beers I have like in awhile. Initially I did not like the beer, but I think my expectations were skewed given how much I like Flying Dogs Raging Bitch. Overall I think this is a pretty good beer, that I'm glad I bought. I'll definitely have another one of these....I bought a six pack!

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%