Lips Of Faith - Fresh Hop India Pale Ale | New Belgium Brewing

Lips Of Faith - Fresh Hop India Pale AleLips Of Faith - Fresh Hop India Pale Ale
4/5
Exceptional

New Belgium Brewing
Colorado, United States
newbelgium.com

Style: American IPA

Added by StonedTrippin on 11-03-2011

4.77/5  rDev +19.3%

This beer was exceptional. I've had many west coast IPA's and this one hit on all the perfect notes. Perfect amount of bitterness balanced by an appropriate malt backbone. Great hop aroma. Amazing taste. Perfect mouth feel. I could drink this all day long. Highly recommend seeking out.

4.67/5  rDev +16.8%

man does this beer smell fresh!!!

the appearance is a medium golden body ale...with a full fluffy white head

smells of fresh citrus hops....and i do mean fresh

the taste is exceptional and i can tell i'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this beer and want another one

the feel is smooth and creamy

overall this is a great, and i do mean great ipa....one of the freshest and best i've ever had the pleasure of tasting

4.63/5  rDev +15.8%

I think this is my favorite beer. I don't know a whole lot about beers, and have not drank quite that many. I have been drinking different IPA's for about 8 months now, and this takes the cake by far. It is the most bitter IPA I have tried, and it has the greatest aroma out of any beer I have ever tried. It is one of the hoppiest beers I have tried also, and I have been trying lots of doubles and a few triples. I think the aroma is what did it for me. It smells very sweet, but has almost no direct sweetness to it. To me, it is most like hop stoopid, except a much higher caliber. Hop stoopid was the closest taste I have found to it, but will not do it justice.

I am typing this review as i drink a Firestone Double Jack. The Firestone deff made my top 5, and is one of the few IPA's I will buy again.

I keep at least 2 Fresh Hop IPA's in my fridge at all times. Go try it!

4.62/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Very well done and nicely balanced.

Pours a copper color with good clarity and a thick white head that sticks around and leaves sticky lacing.

The aroma is a beautiful bouquet of floral, evergreen and citrus on a nice caramel backbone. Orange blossom, honey suckle, grapefruit rind, citrus zest.

Perfectly balanced between malt and hops. Most enjoyable is the aroma. The mouthfeel is crisp, refreshing, medium bodied.

Awesome beer!

4.6/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Poured into a pint glass from a 22oz bottle.

A - Pours a medium gold, forming a 1 inch off-white head. Heavy rings of lace on the glass.

S - Strong citrusy hop aroma dominates the nose with grapefruit and pine.

T - Taste is all about the hops!! Strong citrusy hop flavor coats the palate. Malts are hidden due to the strong hop profile but come out a bit in the finish with a light caramel flavor.

M - Medium bodied with good carbonation. Sharp finish from the hops!!

O - I love hop bombs and this does not disappoint! Very fresh flavor to it and very complex in the hop profile. What more can you ask for? Recommended!!

4.6/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bomber poured into an 8 ounce snifter

A- Clearish golden orange with a nice 1 finger foamy head.
S- Smells incredibly fresh as the name even implies. Tons of citrus like pineapple, mango, grapefruit and orange. A light caramel backbone to it. Very pleasant stuff here.
T- This has a ton of hop character to it. It starts off sweet and with a nice caramel flavor, then it coats your entire mouth with a dank sticky hop flavor. The hop flavors are very well blended, there is a ton of citrus flavors like grapefruit and mango. A little piney flavor and some astringency. Excellent bitterness in this beer, 70 IBU's so its not that much for an IPA but the hop flavors are so dominant I would think it would be higher. There is a very smooth caramel flavor and a nice breaddy feel to the beer.
M- This beer has a full feel to it and does a great job coating my mouth with flavors. It also is not a very light beer and is kind of filling. It leaves my mouth feeling somewhat dry and me feeling thirsty. The aftertaste is hoppy and a little bitter but that's what Im here for.
O- This is a surprise for me, I knew that I was going to like this beer but I didn't know anything about it. It has an amazing hop profile and has the freshest taste I have ever experienced. Doesn't hurt that the bottle is also fresh. I like just about everything about this beer; The aroma, the taste, the bottle art, and its also priced somewhat competitively. I highly recommend this beer for anybody who appreciates a hoppy brew.

4.56/5  rDev +14%

I got me some Lips of Faith 'cause I LOVE fresh hop IPAs, even though I have a historical aversion to Flat Tire (they have been winning me over in the last year or so though).

Freeky-cool bottle in a bomber size. Pale beer with a decent off-white head that has not a lot of last in it.

The nose is an explosion of citrus with a touch of pine.

The taste is screaming grapefruit like no beer that I have ever tried. Really, really nice and just a bit sweet with none of the heavy bitterness or uber-malt that characterizes any of the big IPAs that populate the shelves, though this is a fresh-hop not an imperial, even so this is a standout. I am thoroughly impressed by the balance and the overall impression.

The flavor hits so hard that each taste brings the same impression of killer grapefruit. The mouthfeel is smooth and sparkly with a but of a silky finish that begs for another taste.

This is a stunning showing in a favorite style. I will be buying more in spite of the premium price. The fact is that this is a premium beer so it provides a value beers at a lesser price just don't. I am taking back at least some of the nasty things I have said about Flat Tire, I mean Fat Tire (of course I mean New Belgium).

Great beer, get it while it's fresh!

Slainte!

4.53/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured this 22 oz. bottle into a Sierra Nevada Hops glass. No date. The body was clear, deep straw color with orange highlights. The eggshell white head was over two fingers and left nice sheets of lacing. A healthy cap remained throughout. Beautiful.

The smell was piney. Very aromatic and enticing. I buried my nose in the glass repeatedly.

The taste was oranges and pine needles. Leafy, organic, crispy hops! Caramel maltiness gave a nice contract to the flavorful hops. Intense flavor but not harsh. Drying finish. I would compare this to Surly Furious (from memory). Good stuff.

Mouthfeel was medium bodied with adequate, full carbonation and a smooth finish in the mouth. Solid overall.

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%