Creekside Vienna Amber | Creekside Brewing Company

2.93/5
Alströms:

Reviews by ThreeWiseMen:
2.2/5  rDev -24.9%

As barleywinefiend noted below, this beer seems to be a hybrid between a Vienna lager and an American amber. Not sure if that was Eric's intention, but that was certainly my impression.

Served in a standard pint glass.

Appearance: Dull, cloudy, orange-amber body with a creamy white head that hangs around forever and drags nice lacing. The head retention and style (Vienna lager) make me think that the carbonation is probably pretty active, but I can't see anything through the murky body. Maybe this is from the bottom of the keg?

Smell: Munich malt, bread dough, amber malt, and something wheaty. Smells very full bodied and malty, but seems devoid of spices and hops. Very bland.

Taste: Very malty and full with light spices and hints of lager yeast. I think I detect some noble hops, but it's hard to say. Tastes like an extra malty/bready lager-ale hybrid. Flavor profile is pretty weak.

Mouthfeel: Thick, malty, and dull; exactly the opposite of what I was expecting: light, zesty, and crisp. Not really sure what the deal is with this one.

Drinkability: While finishing this beer wasn't difficult, the trek was long and boring. I hope that I just got a bad sample, but I likely won't be ordering this again.

3.6/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I was not sure exactly how to classify this brew since it seemed like a mix of a Vienna style and an American Amber.

Poured a lighter amber color with a small white head. Nose is sweet, grain, light hops and smell of perhaps Vienna malt. Taste is very light, crisp, perhaps Vienna amd Munich malt with even a small caramel malt to it. At 5% ABV it went down like water and it was very sessionable. Good brew across the board.

Creekside Vienna Amber from Creekside Brewing Company