Sweet Baby Jesus | DuClaw Brewing Company

DuClaw Brewing Company
Maryland, United States
duclaw.com

Style: American Porter

First brewed in 2011, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is jet black in color with a tan, rocky head, full body and creamy, luxurious mouthfeel. Its lightly sweet, malty flavor is accented by rich flavors of chocolate, coffee and peanut butter, and balanced by a subtle hop character and moderate 6.5% abv. Sweet Baby Jesus finishes smooth, dry, and roasty with lingering notes of chocolate and peanut butter so savory, you will exclaim its name!

Added by MasterSki on 12-23-2012

Ratings: 2,546 |  Reviews: 412

Amazing porter, definately recommend to anyone

Fabulous beer! Wonderful gutsy, deep flavor. Gorgeously dark. Smooth and rich with wonderful overtones. I think this beer is my all time favorite. I discovered it at a local Alamo move theater and am now wondering if I'm going to have to drive to Maryland to get more. Might be worth it! It sure makes drinking beer an exciting experience.

Liquid peanut butter cup heaven, excellent dessert beer

A-very dark brown with amber to red tones (like cola)

S- Peanut shells dominate with some subtle hint of portery sweetness.

T- Peanut first then chocolate mocha followed by some smokey porter sweetness.

M- Nice creamy carb. Not to thick, not to thin, just right.

O- Really surprised that this didn't get a higher rating. World class in my opinion. I find no real flaws. Thanks Dad for this awesome desert find.

4.96/5  rDev +31.9%

I first tried this beer at the Virginia Beach Craft Beer festival. As I walked up to the booth, I was thinking to myself "peanut-butter beer? How good can it really be?" Well as soon as I got my first sip of heaven I knew it could be that good.

There should be a rating of "dangerous" because this is a beer that I can either enjoy and casually sip on, or I could drink all day and all night and not even realize it. It's a bit of a heavy beer, with just a very slight taste of chocolate. To explain exactly how it tasted, it was like a stout, Nutella, and a bunch of Reese's pieces had an orgy and this cup of deliciousness was the orgasmic outcome.

The smell was of Reese's and Guinness, and it was just as smooth as the two of them, although it could have been a bit creamier than watery. I know I'm comparing a porter to stout but I'm still not sure what the damn difference is.

Regardless, this beer is absolutely a 5/5. The only thing bad is the aftertaste, but it's of peanuts. All in all it's still a win-win. At 6.5% ABV this is truly alcoholism in a bottle.

4.96/5  rDev +31.9%

As a fan of Reece's peanut butter cups this beer is a new found favorite of mine. It smells like roasted peanuts and taste like a solid porter mixed with peanuts and dark chocolate. Just a delicious beer.

4.95/5  rDev +31.6%

any beer known as sweet baby jesus must be purchased.
the fact that it tastes like liquid reese's is also a big bonus.

4.94/5  rDev +31.4%

4.92/5  rDev +30.9%

4.92/5  rDev +30.9%

4.91/5  rDev +30.6%

Sweet and full of flavor.

4.9/5  rDev +30.3%